Your Thoughts: "The Muppets" Theatrical Film

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Well I've watched it so much that I'm already having to buy a new Blu-ray...:stick_out_tongue: And I'm dead serious about that. I've watched it every single day since I bought it on March 20th.

LouisTheOtter

Reaction score
I knew right away when I first saw the film that Kermit was hesitant to open the door because he was nervous that their doing a show again after all these years and he was probably wondering if they'll even raise enough money. That moment had a very serious tone to it even if it wasn't a long scene.
There were a couple of brief-but-meaningful moments like that in this movie.

I think I audibly gasped the first time I saw the scene in Kermit's house where Walter, Gary and Mary each sing/recite a line from the TMS theme song - which was already featured in the trailer so I knew it was coming - and then Kermit quietly, gingerly, plays the fourth line of the theme on an out-of-tune piano before agreeing to give the telethon a try. We can even see his little green fingers picking out out the notes.

One of the most moving parts of this, or any other, Muppet movie IMHO.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I know for me it was the score that really just had me emotional throughout the movie. Which is why I was really disappointed it wasn't included in the soundtrack because that's what tugged at my heartstrings. And also from the time Rainbow Connection started until Kermit opens the doors and you see all fans I was just bawling the tears wouldn't stop. Even now I still cry at the same places.

DarthGonzo

Reaction score
Well I've watched it so much that I'm already having to buy a new Blu-ray...:stick_out_tongue: And I'm dead serious about that. I've watched it every single day since I bought it on March 20th.
Really??? I have a hard time believing that. I loved this movie too but...you've watched this over 70 times?!

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Really??? I have a hard time believing that. I loved this movie too but...you've watched this over 70 times?!
You can believe what you want but I'm seriously telling the truth. Granted I do have a REAL life outside The Muppets! But I've watched it once every night since I bought it.

Yorick

Reaction score
Wow, 70 times (plus if you saw it in the cinema) that's something. Has there ever been another film you've watched as often in the past, or is there something about this film (or perhaps just that it's a new Muppets film what was in the cinema, which was a long time coming) that makes you want to see it so much? I also promise you none of this is criticism! :big_grin: And is 70 times seeing this film a record, or can anyone here beat that? :smile: In any event, you certainly have gotten your money out of that purchase!

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Wow, 70 times (plus if you saw it in the cinema) that's something. Has there ever been another film you've watched as often in the past, or is there something about this film (or perhaps just that it's a new Muppets film what was in the cinema, which was a long time coming) that makes you want to see it so much? I also promise you none of this is criticism! :big_grin: And is 70 times seeing this film a record, or can anyone here beat that? :smile: In any event, you certainly have gotten your money out of that purchase!
I only saw it twice in the theaters. And as far I know I don't recall watching a movie this many times at least that I've bought on DVD. And I just loved the movie. Don't think anything else needs to be said other then I loved the movie and I love my Muppets. :smile: I should add this was the first Muppet movie I was able to see on the big screen. As I wasn't even born yet when the first 2 came out and only a year old when MTM came out so yeah it is special in this is the first Muppet movie I got to actually see on the big screen.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I do know the feeling. When I was a kid, my sister and I watched Treasure Island (not the Muppet one, the normal one) pretty much every night for a month, read the book three times each, and then acted in a play of it!

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I do know the feeling. When I was a kid, my sister and I watched Treasure Island (not the Muppet one, the normal one) pretty much every night for a month, read the book three times each, and then acted in a play of it!
Yeah but in my case this has been going on 3 months heading into 4. Lol! XD