Threadless Sesame Street T-Shirt Design Challenge

Drtooth

Reaction score
Okay... This entry is supposed to parody this...

Before I read the comments, I thought the Count randomly shouting "THREE" was a little random.

muppet maniac

Reaction score
This one's my absolute favorite...

https://atrium-directory.s3.amazonaws.com/cache/submissions/SLIDEONE_fullsize.png

It's neat that the artist who submitted this was influenced by the earliest SS books. And it really captures the look and feel of SS in its earliest seasons (e.g. blue-nosed Herry). I would have loved if he added in things like Beautiful Day Monster, Matt Robinson's Gordon, and "scary" Snuffy.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I never was able to submit my design, but whatever, it wouldn't have won anyway.

panmanthe2nd

Reaction score
I never was able to submit my design, but whatever, it wouldn't have won anyway.
Oh. :frown: I never saw your design, as the link you posted just takes me to a "The page you were looking for doesn't exist." page.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh. :frown: I never saw your design, as the link you posted just takes me to a "The page you were looking for doesn't exist." page.
Oh, I forgot, I THINK I may have that "in storage" (meaning only I can see it when I'm logged into my account)... I try to fix that later today sometime.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
It says "coming soon," but Threadless contests can take months to reveal the winner and it can often come and go without much pageantry. The highest rated score doesn't necessarily win either. It's kind of weird. Only the selected designer knows and must keep it secret until announced. Let's hope they print several designs like last year's Muppets contest. There were some great entries!

Drtooth

Reaction score
This one's my absolute favorite...

https://atrium-directory.s3.amazonaws.com/cache/submissions/SLIDEONE_fullsize.png

It's neat that the artist who submitted this was influenced by the earliest SS books. And it really captures the look and feel of SS in its earliest seasons (e.g. blue-nosed Herry). I would have loved if he added in things like Beautiful Day Monster, Matt Robinson's Gordon, and "scary" Snuffy.
That one is wonderful. It has a great Jack Davis feel to it. I especially like how they chose that specific Herry too.

It says "coming soon," but Threadless contests can take months to reveal the winner and it can often come and go without much pageantry. The highest rated score doesn't necessarily win either. It's kind of weird. Only the selected designer knows and must keep it secret until announced. Let's hope they print several designs like last year's Muppets contest. There were some great entries!
I really hope it goes to strong concepts with great art and not just flashiest arrangement of basic components of the characters. The entries that were good were REALLY good this time, and the ones that were bad were pretty bad. Still, it's amazing to see a lot of non-Muppet based Sesame designs, the Phillip Glass parody ("Making Geometry Creepy since 1969"), a Mad Painter (which is just a photo manipulation, but it was pretty strong a T-shirt design), and even a recreation of the Pinball Number Count "vortex" (out of all the non-Muppet entries, the best looking).