Letter and number of the day

Reaction score
has anyone noticed that count von count and cookie monster aren't on sesame street doing the letter and number of the day :batty::insatiable:

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Yes. Those were better and funnier than Murray saying "Peace" or him getting bonked, and Ovejita acting out of character by laughing.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yes. Those were better and funnier than Murray saying "Peace" or him getting bonked, and Ovejita acting out of character by laughing.
Let's face it, making Murray the unofficial host of the show was "rather poor decision number whatever".

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, how is that our of character for her? She barely has a character; he only traits are she speaks Spanish and is mischievous. The latter means she would get a kick out of the mischief she makes.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm torn. While I did like The Count and Cookie hosting the letter/numbers, I have to say I always felt that the Count counting at his organ was pretty dull and a missed concept. There's one where all the Count does in his intro is grunt for some reason. I swear they kept Jerry locked up in that room until he did all 20 of them, and that was the last one and by then everyone just wanted to go home. Not to mention that it took them almost 3 seasons to come up with new letter and number introductions.

Still, Murray wasn't the end of these. They ended a full season earlier, being introduced by other characters. While it wasn't as much fun, it was pretty much an old school thing they did. Much as I liked the idea of Cookie and Count being in every episode, I really wish they kept that going instead.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Cookie's were at least funny and had a little variety in how he would not eat the letter of the day. Count's were the same thing each time, the only difference being what animal would appear at the end.

The ones with him and Prairie were great; they need more of them in the show. It's such a funny pairing that they never thought of tapping until the early 90's.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Out of curiosity, how is that our of character for her? She barely has a character; he only traits are she speaks Spanish and is mischievous. The latter means she would get a kick out of the mischief she makes.
I thinks she seems nicer than laughing at a lion chasing poor Murray around.