Muppet Convention

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Or we could also do his birthday, what with it being a celebration of his life and all. We can get some sort of fancy birthday cakes for him and Steve too!
:smile:
With all due respect to Steve I feel like this needs to celebrate Jim Henson because Jim is the legend not Steve. And besides Steve might wanna be with his family on his birthday or something. I say if your gonna have a convention it should be in the summer time since that's kind of the vacation season.

DannyRWW

Reaction score
I agree with the Summer idea...now depending where you have this you also have to be aware of other major cons in the area. We don't want to have this in say New York at the same time as a mjor New York Comic Convention. That being said I like some of the ideas like having it where Jim was Born etc; because I think it would be nice to hav e it somewhere that is not a huge place. They have a Superman festival in Metropolis Illinois every year and it is a huge hit. I wonder if we go to a smaller city that has some connection to Jim if you might even get support from the city itself as they could see this as a big tourist attraction/money maker....hmmm Greenville Mississippi has only a population of 40,000 or so.......and I'm suddenly finding it ironic that the creator of Kermit the frog was from Greenville....

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Or we could have it in Maryland since he did go to school here and people if they wanted could see the Jim Henson memorial statue we have here as well.

DannyRWW

Reaction score
Either of those two places would be ideal I would think.

bandit

Reaction score
Oooo! Mississippi! Of course. We can take his home town by storm! AND it's not so far from FL so you know how I'm casting my vote!

bandit

Reaction score
AH! We'll have to stage a fierce battle between us. Jousting!
Or Air hockey! Or....Since we'd have to meet in the middle to duke it out anyway....Draw Something or some other random app . Hahaha Either way....

It's ON!