Idea for May 16

Hubert

Reaction score
As you probably all know, May 16 will be the 22nd anniversary of Jim Henson's passing. So in honor of this, on May 16 I think we should create a Jim Henson tribute thread, working towards the goal that everyone posts something for the day. Think, if every user posts a poem or a story or a video or a letter to Jim or a thank you or a drawing, we could have a ton of tributes to Jim, a perfect way to remember him.

Just thought I'd get people thinking about writing or making something for the day. :jim:

bandit

Reaction score
That's a really sweet sentiment. And *ahems* speaking on behalf of those of us who maybe have a -different- skill set, so long as you leave the definition of 'tribute' open ended so everyone can have their own personal spin on that, I think it will be fantastic!

Good thinking!

Collgoff

Reaction score
Well I'm really good at writing storie and stuff but I know how to make a tribute video plus I can't draw people well.

But I can write a story or a poem for that and even watch many videos of Jim Henson as much as I can.

Hubert

Reaction score
Sure, if you want to make a sculpture online, go right ahead! :smile:

But yeah, the definition of tribute is very, very open ended. However you feel best to honor Jim!

I know I'll probably end up doing about 88 things. Mostly writing, probably.

TheWeirdoGirl

Reaction score
I already a little drawing that I did last month as a tribute to Jim which I can share. I was going to wait until the sixteenth to post it anyway.

Hubert

Reaction score
I already a little drawing that I did last month as a tribute to Jim which I can share. I was going to wait until the sixteenth to post it anyway.
Ooh, can't wit to see it then. Sounds great!

I would make some fan art, but I'm not the most artistic person. I might make a custom Jim tribute avatar or something, though.

bandit

Reaction score
Ooh, can't wit to see it then. Sounds great!

I would make some fan art, but I'm not the most artistic person. I might make a custom Jim tribute avatar or something, though.
Oh! You and I can do a duet, Blunderbrain! Haha imagine THAT tribute.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I have a video already made and is in my Youtube account. Unfortunately I'm keeping it private until May 16th. So I will add it on here then.