Boston/Cambridge area Muppet Movie Screenings April 20

Drtooth

Reaction score
I decided to go to the Labyrinth/Dark Crystal showing... I keep missing Being Elmo on television when it airs, though... but I can only see one, so I'm going to have to go with stuff I haven't seen in ages. otherwise, I own all three classic Muppet Movies on home video.

panmanthe2nd

Reaction score
I went to see Muppets That Manhattan yesterday at my local cinema, and it was amazing!!! Although I own it on Blu-Ray, and have watched it recently, it was like watching it as new. I was just so happy to be there!
Not that many people turned up, but that's not at all unusual around here (The only time the cinema has been almost full was when I went to a half-price showing of The Artist!).
When I was there I found out that next month they are showing Muppet Treasure Island, so I'm hoping to be able to go and see that! And I'm also hoping that they'll show other classic Muppet films soon.

I decided to go to the Labyrinth/Dark Crystal showing.
Did you have a good time?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Did you have a good time?
Definitely. That's the first time I really watched both movies. I saw at least some of Labyrinth when I was younger on television, but I never saw it air on television again, and I wasn't able to get the DVD's just yet.

But lemme tell you this. If they do this next year, I'm still going to skip the other Muppet movies and see these ones again, even if I get the DVD's for both of them by then. I really enjoyed them. I don't think I would have appreciated the films as much if I were younger, maybe Labyrinth... but I really think really seeing the Dark Crystal for the first time that day made me enjoy the movie all the more.

panmanthe2nd

Reaction score
That's the first time I really watched both movies.
I've never seen them too! I've seen bits of Dark Crystal over the years, but never all of it.
I was recently given Labyrinth on Blu-Ray, so I'll have to watch it soon.

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
Darn! I missed this thread! I live close to Mass, so I definitely would have gone! :grr: