Kermit the Frog makes illegal move on German television

Powerstars

Reaction score
So, they have a movie out, they wanna promote it, and...that's illegal? Why don't they complain about the Cars 2 ad in the film instead?

Yuna Leonhart

Reaction score
So, they have a movie out, they wanna promote it, and...that's illegal? Why don't they complain about the Cars 2 ad in the film instead?
Because product placements in movies released in the theater aren't illegal. But it's very strict on television and in some cases aren't even allowed (for example news, children's program. And shows where product placement is included have to be marked.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I'm not just talking about Germany Ill never understand this whole illegal, copyright, whatever it is stuff. Lol!

Yuna Leonhart

Reaction score
Oh, well I don't understand it either XD
But it's still stupid. I mean, whenever a brand-name product is shown somewhere on TV, the name is censored but it's still obvious what it is. Me and my mom always ridicule it; it's really something to make your eyes roll.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Yeah I know. Like we can't tell the blue stuff in the bottle isn't windex. Lol!!!

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Let's face it, product placements help subsidize film and television projects. Instead of a cast member reaching for a cola, they reach for a Coke or a Pepsi. This is nothing new. Milk and Pepsi was Laverne's infamous favorite drink in Laverne & Shirley? There's really nothing wrong with it as long as it doesn't alter the content. Kids' entertainment is different, however it's up to the parents to set limits. Nobody tells Mike & Ike to change their packaging because kids like cartoon characters and bright colors. Well, that's not entirely true. San Francisco succeeded in keeping toys out of junk food Happy Meals until just a few months ago.

Entertainment is advertising. Pretending otherwise is the true dishonest act. TV programs and films will always create trends and there will always be a beneficiary of those who follow such trends. I applaud the effort to make things transparent, but libeling Kermit is not the way. What's next? Are they gonna sue Sesame Street's letter C and the number 3? :stick_out_tongue::frown:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I'm not just talking about Germany Ill never understand this whole illegal, copyright, whatever it is stuff. Lol!
Copyright law has a good purpose in theory, but there many times when it's just taken ridiculously too far, and it's the audience who suffers.