What are your ideas for Fraggle viral videos?

PanthraDion

Reaction score
We all know that there are plenty of Muppet viral videos, but none on Fraggles. With the recent appearance of the Fraggles Wembley, Red and Traveling Matt, at Carnegie Hall, the next logical step (In my mind) would be to put up some viral videos of the Fraggles up on youtube. What I think would be a good idea for a viral video is a video of one of the Muppets, like Scooter or Robin, with the Fraggle 5 at the Muppet theater (and in the background would be a visible Fraggle Hole) trying to show the Fraggles how to use a computer.:excited:

Collgoff

Reaction score
I don't know about that because most of the charaters are not recast the only ones I know that had been recasted are Ma Gorg and the Storyteller.

I think I would be much better if the Muppeteers talk more about their charaters and Fraggle to go along with that they tell people about their orgins and everything.

PanthraDion

Reaction score
I don't know about that because most of the charaters are not recast the only ones I know that had been recasted are Ma Gorg and the Storyteller.

I think I would be much better if the Muppeteers talk more about their charaters and Fraggle to go along with that they tell people about their orgins and everything.
I see your point Collgoff, but you know that Jerry Nelson did Robin, Floyd, Gobo Pa Gorg, and Majory, and both Floyd and Robin have been recast. Steve Whitmire is still doing Wembley, so he could probably still do Sprocket; and Karen Prell is still doing Red (as shown when they appeared at Carnegie Hall). Dave Goelz is still doing Traveling Matt (as shown when they appeared at Carnegie Hall), and since he is doing Gonzo again, he could probably do Boober again too. I don't know about Kathryn Mullen. Also, they have recast Scooter, Beaker, and Janice, all done by Richard Hunt; so that means that they could recast Junior Gorg and Gunge. You said above in your post that both Ma Gorg and the Storyteller have been recast (I didn't know that, but I will trust that you are telling the truth). All of Jim Henson's characters have been recast, and since Cantus sounds like Rolf, and Convincing John also sounds like Rolf and sometimes Kermit, they could recast them. I will stop myself there, because I think that you get my point. :smile:

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I like the idea that has been mentioned on here several times before by Dr. Teeth and Beaker of having Uncle Matt videos, since the possibilities are pretty much endless, and they could allow for interaction with a variety of people and settings.

PanthraDion

Reaction score
Yes, there are almost endless possibilities with Traveling Matt.

Collgoff

Reaction score
I see your point Collgoff, but you know that Jerry Nelson did Robin, Floyd, Gobo Pa Gorg, and Majory, and both Floyd and Robin have been recast. Steve Whitmire is still doing Wembley, so he could probably still do Sprocket; and Karen Prell is still doing Red (as shown when they appeared at Carnegie Hall). Dave Goelz is still doing Traveling Matt (as shown when they appeared at Carnegie Hall), and since he is doing Gonzo again, he could probably do Boober again too. I don't know about Kathryn Mullen. Also, they have recast Scooter, Beaker, and Janice, all done by Richard Hunt; so that means that

they could recast Junior Gorg and Gunge. You said above in your post that both Ma Gorg and the Storyteller have been recast (I didn't know that, but I will trust that you are telling the
truth). All of Jim Henson's characters have been recast, and since Cantus sounds like Rolf, and
Convincing John also sounds like Rolf and sometimes Kermit, they could recast them. I will stop
myself there, because I think that you get my point. :smile:

Oh gee thanks that was really nice of you!

Hubert

Reaction score
I see your point Collgoff, but you know that Jerry Nelson did Robin, Floyd, Gobo Pa Gorg, and Majory, and both Floyd and Robin have been recast. Steve Whitmire is still doing Wembley, so he could probably still do Sprocket; and Karen Prell is still doing Red (as shown when they appeared at Carnegie Hall). Dave Goelz is still doing Traveling Matt (as shown when they appeared at Carnegie Hall), and since he is doing Gonzo again, he could probably do Boober again too. I don't know about Kathryn Mullen. Also, they have recast Scooter, Beaker, and Janice, all done by Richard Hunt; so that means that they could recast Junior Gorg and Gunge. You said above in your post that both Ma Gorg and the Storyteller have been recast (I didn't know that, but I will trust that you are telling the truth). All of Jim Henson's characters have been recast, and since Cantus sounds like Rolf, and Convincing John also sounds like Rolf and sometimes Kermit, they could recast them. I will stop myself there, because I think that you get my point. :smile:
The thing you have to keep in mind is that because of different vocal ranges, just because a performer took over some characters of another performer's, that doesn't mean he can do them all. Recasting takes time. The performers need to get comfortable with the characters and be able to connect to them and understand them in order to get an authentic performance.

If they do make viral videos, we know these characters have puppets in existance:
1. Uncle Traveling Matt
2. Wembley
3. Red
If they don't have other characters built, they would have to build them, which I doubt they would do just to make a few viral videos.

If they do make viral videos, we know this about performers:
1. Karen Prell can still perform Red
2. Steve Whitmire can still perform Wembley
3. Dave Goelz can still perform Uncle Matt (and probably Philo and Boober if there's puppets)

On the subject of recasts, considering that Matt Vogel performs Robin, I would think he could probably do Gobo fairly well. Considering the vocal range he's had before, I would imagine that David Rudman could be recasted as Junior Gorg. I doubt that unless a Fraggle movie was to be made, however, the Gorgs wouldn't be rebuilt, as it would probably be too much money.

Now that I talked about the logical side of this, I'll talk about my ideas:
Uncle Matt videos would be absolutely terrific! No sets would really be needed, I think it would work great! And there's so many modern day possibilities for him. He could discover things like cellphones, computers, and elevators.

Another interesting one would be Matt taking Red and Wembley somewhere in "outer space" and having them experience our real world.

A third idea, which they'd probably have to make some sort of small set for: Just a couple Fraggles (probably Red and Wembley) singing a brand new Fraggle song, the same type songs that were on the show. I don't know if Philip Balsam and Dennis Lee are doing any songwriting anymore, but maybe they could even write a new Fraggle song.