Jim performing Ernie question

Muppet Frog

Reaction score
Was Jim ever comfortable performing the Ernie puppet or doing his voice?:stick_out_tongue:

sesameguy

Reaction score
Well, he seemed to be comfortable at first, because before Sesame St. began taping, he and Frank had tried performing the opposite characters before realizing that Jim was happiest performing Ernie & Frank performing Bert. He continued performing Ernie up to the very end, even when Frank wasn't available to perform Bert, so I would assume he enjoyed performing Ernie to a high degree.

rexcrk

Reaction score
Is there any reason to think he WASN'T comfortable performing Ernie? :confused:

Muppet Frog

Reaction score
To make sure if Jim was comfortable performing a live hand puppet often.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
To make sure if Jim was comfortable performing a live hand puppet often.
I think I brought up a similar discussion about that years ago... Ernie, Rowlf, Dr. Teeth, etc... what do they all have in common?

dwmckim

Reaction score
I think I brought up a similar discussion about that years ago... Ernie, Rowlf, Dr. Teeth, etc... what do they all have in common?
Pressure by their managers do have a nose job?

Dearth

Reaction score
They all require an Assist? (Except for the rare occasions when, say, Dr. Teeth was changed to a rod puppet.)

Alex

Collgoff

Reaction score
Well I do have one question to ask you all!

Why did Jim Henson used his Rowlf the dog voice for Ernie in the first sesame street show test?

animalrescuer

Reaction score
I think he used that voice for Ernie maybe because he was trying to find the right voice for him, something that truly fits the personality of a character. I think that's true for the other performers, too. Once they have a new character, they experiment with the voice and see what works and then give that character a individual personality.

Collgoff

Reaction score
I think he used that voice for Ernie maybe because he was trying to find the right voice for him, something that truly fits the personality of a character. I think that's true for the other performers, too. Once they have a new character, they experiment with the voice and see what works and then give that character a individual personality.
I think you're right!