Your Thoughts: Jim Henson's Musical World at Carnegie Hall

Kelonzi

Reaction score
Okay! Sleep helped jog my memory! Well, that plus the hubby who evidently has a better memory that I. And I had my pen. To write things down.

Did I actually write anything down though?? lol

See, it seems I experienced a phenomenon ("doo-doo... doo-doo-doo...") yesterday that I can only call Muppet-Induced Amnesia. The best definition I can give is "one is put in such a state of euphoria over seeing his or her childhood heroes that he or she loses all control of basic motor skills. Reading... writing... remembering... all out the window!" :flirt:

Specific songs to fill in some blanks from other reports:

Sesame Street Songs & Medley-- "The People In Your Neighborhood" / "One Fine Face" / "C is for Cookie" / "I Love Trash" / "Rubber Ducky"

Muppets Songs & Medley-- "Just One Person", "Being Green" then "The Muppet Show Theme" / "Mahna Mahna"/"Moving Right Along"/"Happy Feet"/"Together Again"

My husband also hasn't been able to stop raving about our balcony seats in the second show as that gave us the chance to enjoy the show PLUS watch the Muppeteers in action. I think one of the things that always struck me about Jim's team was how much fun they had together. Being able to glimpse moments like Steve cracking up Kevin during "Rubber Ducky", Karen Prell on cloud 9 working with Red, and the huge grin on Kevin's face as he operated the Snowths and Dr. Teeth... it's just beyond words. At several points in both shows you could just feel Jim's spirit in the room. We've been without him for over 20 years now, but he lives on in the people he inspired and the characters he poured so many hours of love into creating.

Scott Harris

Reaction score
I just wanted to add that I saw this concert by myself yesterday, and after it was over, my greatest wish was that I could have shared it with someone, because I loved it so. Coming on here and reading so many other people's thoughts and responses has been wonderful! So glad everyone felt just as I did. What a great show!

MuppetLabsBoy

Reaction score
It really was a great show. I was at the 12:30 one, so not that many people came out of the stage door. I did manage to get a picture with Bill Barretta as he was walking by, and I got a picture with Jerry Nelson as well. He was very nice and signed several autographs for different people and also took a bunch of people. While I was waiting at the stage door, Steven Reineke (the conductor) came out and waved to everyone.

DannyRWW

Reaction score
Wow...wish I could have been able to go to this. The more I read the more magical the experience sounds. Those of you who did get to go were truly blessed. It sounds like a once in a lifetime experience...still holding out hope that someone made an official recording of this, but still happy to see the snippets we have seen. Thanks to everyone who shared.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Yesterday was an absolute dream to see this show. Not only did I get to see all the wonderful characters on stage, hearing those songs sung live was amazing. I was also lucky to have met many of the performers and Sesame cast after the show. After being a fan 34 years now, I am blessed to say I have now met the original 3 cast members of Sesame Street who are still on to this day: Carroll Spinney, Loretta Long and Bob McGrath.
I was at the 3:30 show, but my fiancee and I were hanging by the stage door from 11 AM and it was well worth it. Jerry Nelson and his lovely wife Jan came by and sat and hung out with us for 20 minutes talking. It was a unbelievable experience for me. Was also lucky enough to meet Roscoe Orman, John Tartaglia, Paul Williams and see Bill Barretta again who recognized me and gave me a big hug, Leslie Carrera-Rudolph recognized me, and Dave Goelz recognized me from when we met at the Henson film festival in Huntington on Long Island several years back. I was stunned that he accidentally interrupted me when I went over to say "Hi" and pointed at me and said "I KNOW YOU". Meeting these people and seeing them perform live all together was sheer joy, and a truly emotional experience for me. I am not too proud to admit I cried through the whole show. There was also SO much to look at. Between the orchestra, the puppeteers performing (we sat on the second tier to the left of the stage and got to see the performers behind the curtains), to the footage on the screens, etc. It was a treat for the eyes and ears. A day I will never forget.

Collgoff

Reaction score
Wow you lucky duck you!

Were the performers and Muppeteers very nice?

Did you ask them some questions?

Did they like you?

Did you have fun there too?

capman

Reaction score
MelissaY1, I am very thrilled for you as you see, you fared better than I did at a fraction of the cost! I am happy for you.