New Muppet movie in development for potential 2013 release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Why aren't they using "The Cheapest Muppet Movie Ever Made" script?

charlietheowl

Reaction score
This is very promising. I think the "comedy caper" is exactly the kind of thing that's up the Muppets' alley in regards to humor, where there can be a lot of goofy gags and the potential to use a lot of different characters. I am very excited that this project sounds like it's getting off on the right track.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I'm excited about the new movie but there is one thing that scares me just a little bit. New Muppets! We have been waiting so long for our classic Muppets to get there voice back. Rowlf Scooter the band just to name a few, and if we have new Muppets they will take up the screen time of these Muppets and I just don't think that is fair.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
Well they might be movie exclusive though like the moopets obviously but i kinda wish miss poogy was in the new movie in some sort of way or they could just be background characters

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Are the Moopets gonna be in it?
It'll be awesome if they're the bad guys, but not getting revenge for the last movie, or it'll blow the whole fun.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Oh for the love of all that is Muppety I hope the Moopets aren't in it. They had their part in the recent film and that's good enough for me.

DramaQueenMokey

Reaction score
I would love to see some more Kermit/Piggy-ness, maybe Kermit even finally saying those 3 little words (I love you) and I would LOVE to see Clifford in some way involved! I mean, I love him and I was sad that he wasn't in The Muppets, just a small "Yo Kerm!" would have been enough!

Also, I'd really like to see more female Muppets. Okay, I understand that the Muppeteers are mainly male, and yes, there's Miss Piggy and Janice, but, other than them other females aren't as front and center, I mean, I love Walter, but, yet again, here's ANOTHER male muppet, I mean, I'm not a feminist per-say, but come on, Miss Piggy is a strong independent female with several different levels of depth so, why can't we have more female muppets like that :smile: ?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
the problem is and that we have had for so long and that a lot of the new movies have had to have a big star in them or something else in them and the Muppets just happen to be in the movie. I mean I kind of like Walter and I kind of like the Moopets, but Kermit should have been the hero in the movie. Not some I can't do anything without Walter around depressed frog. The Muppets need to be the Muppets and let them shine. When Henson was alive the Muppets had a certain pride about them, now granted with the new movie I think they have earned that back, but they do not need to play second fiddle to anyone or anything anymore.
We have talked about this with Muppet writer Kim Lewis before when the question of all the new Muppets for Muppets tonight where made. He has said he felt there was a good mix, but I think the fact that we only have two to maybe three new Muppets from the show still being used shows a lot about that.
New Muppets are fine and good, but please let the Muppets shine.

Status
Not open for further replies.