Who is Lionsgate associated with?

mimitchi33

Reaction score
Has anyone been banned yet?
The user superfunforeveryone was terminated by Lionsgate for having a Fraggle Rock VHS commercial in some of their VHS openings. That's really weird, since other users with the commercial, such as CrazyBrandondorf, are not suspended yet. But the reason may be that CrazyBrandondorf used a camcorder, and superfunforeveryone used a device that puts VHS data onto a computer, hence it being in high quality.
Or, maybe superfunforeveryone posted some Sesame Street VHS opening or closing that had a commercial with a segment that was in the special.

I think superfunforeveryone is the only person on YouTube besides 500Bennu who had their account terminated by Lionsgate.

True irony: A song from Fraggle Rock was playing on Muppet Radio as I type this!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Was it the Fraggle Rock VHS promo for the Jim Henson Video releases, where it was pretty much just the opening with an announcer talking at the beginning? Or were there other promos, for other releases? I doubt there were any promos for the HBO Video releases, but if there were I'd like to see them (and probably won't be able to on YouTube).

mimitchi33

Reaction score
Was it the Fraggle Rock VHS promo for the Jim Henson Video releases, where it was pretty much just the opening with an announcer talking at the beginning? Or were there other promos, for other releases? I doubt there were any promos for the HBO Video releases, but if there were I'd like to see them (and probably won't be able to on YouTube).
It was the promo for the Jim Henson video release. The reason they might have claimed it is because that promo was just the theme song with a voiceover. One YouTube user, AnukTheMaster5000, even had to flip it in videos containing said preview. He's now suspended from YouTube by the people who made the Danger Rangers cartoon. But still, it's surprising that superfunforeveryone was suspended by Lionsgate, as I thought WMG took said account down.

Here's the list of users who were really suspended by Lionsgate:
500Bennu
superfunforeveryone

I didn't include the other person BuddyBoy mentioned because he acutally closed his account!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I'm amazed that one can avoid getting videos removed just by flipping the image.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
But the reason may be that CrazyBrandondorf used a camcorder
Not really, because I've actually had a video receive a copyright strike from FOX that was made by recording the TV screen with a camcorder.

Speaking of Lionsgate, I almost got in trouble with them recently when I was uploading some SST episodes from Season 23, but I think I know why that happened, because one installment I uploaded contained Herry and John John counting to 20, which was used in the 20th anniversary special, which they own the distributing rights to.

mimitchi33

Reaction score
Not really, because I've actually had a video receive a copyright strike from FOX that was made by recording the TV screen with a camcorder.
Ooops, maybe CrazyBrandondorf may have his account or videos with Fraggle Rock taken down soon, after what happened to superfunforeveryone, and what you just told me about a FOX video.
A similar thing to this happened to me. I uploaded a Magical Doremi toy commercial and my account was banned by Adland, because of a banner on the bottom of the video, but another user had a Pokemon ad with said banner on bottom and it hasn't been taken down yet!

Sesame Skates

Reaction score
Now that Lionsgate claims to own classic SS, does that mean no more classic eps. for release? :frown:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Now that Lionsgate claims to own classic SS, does that mean no more classic eps. for release? :frown:
They don't own ALL of Sesame Street. They ONLY claim ownership of clips that just so happened to be used on their releases of Henson products. Stuff from Henson's Place and the 20 and Still Counting special. Which is still bull if you ask me.

mimitchi33

Reaction score
They don't own ALL of Sesame Street. They ONLY stuff from Henson's Place and the 20 and Still Counting special. Which is still bull if you ask me.
But as said before, anything from Henson's Place or 20 Years and Still Counting can still be viewed on YouTube, as long as Sesame Street's YouTube channel uploaded it. The same goes for other Henson stuff (Fraggle Rock) that also was Lionsgate.

True irony: Yet again, another Fraggle Rock song played on Muppet Radio as I was typing this!

mimitchi33

Reaction score
I just checked CrazyBrandondorf's account and 9 out of his 32 Fraggle Rock-related videos were blocked by Lionsgate:
  1. What do Shark Tale and the Muppets have to do with each other?
  2. His previews for Elmo Says Boo! were blocked by Lionsgate for the Fraggle Rock preview.
  3. There was a Fraggle Rock movie? I never knew that!
  4. This one is also blocked by someone named rumblefish. I wonder who they are...
  5. Blocked by Sony and Lionsgate...hmm...
  6. Lionsgate and rumblefish also blocked this, too!
  7. Here's the only other Planet 51 video with Fraggles in it that's blocked.
  8. This one is weird because although it has the Fraggle Rock ad in it, it was blocked by NBC Universal!
  9. This one is quite obvious.
The only ones weren't blocked were logos that he says came from Fraggle tapes, recreations of the characters in Sonic Character designer, his How The Grinch Stole Christmas previews, his All Dogs Go To Heaven previews, his Despicable Me Previews, his improved Planet 51 previews, his Shark Tale Previews, his A Festive Fraggle Holiday opening and closing (justified, since no clips or the opening wasn't shown), and anything that is the opening to a Barney tape.