The RHLC!

Voiceroy

Reaction score
I'm sure someone has noticed this before, but I did a few various searches on Google and the forum here and didn't see anything. In fact, the Muppet Wiki doesn't include this either, so maybe I am the first to notice that this puppet who appears in "Jim Henson Presents Mother Goose Stories: The Prince and the Beggars" bears a striking resemblance to Richard Hunt.

I snagged a quick pic via my digital camera while trying to cram in a "Mother Goose Stories" marathon on Netflix streaming before the show expired on 3/15.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Wait, MGS was on Netflix?! Dude, you should have grabbed every episode to seriously bulk up the entries/pages for that production on the Muppet Wiki, episodes, characters, cast, etc.

Voiceroy

Reaction score
Sorry, I don't visit the forums here that often. And I just noticed on 3/14 that the show was expiring -- I only had time to watch 7 eps before 3/15 hit. And when Netflix says that a title expires on a certain date, what they mean is that it expires immediately at midnight the day before.

But someone did mention it here a year ago:

http://www.muppetcentral.com/forum/...f-toys-mother-goose-stories-on-netflix.47205/

I use the Netflix streaming companion site instantwatcher.com to stay informed about when stuff expires and what's new. Netflix doesn't make that info available until it's within 30 days of expiration. Instantwatcher's search is also vastly superior to Netflix's.

Just a couple examples:

http://instantwatcher.com/titles?q=muppets&search_episodes=

http://instantwatcher.com/titles?q=jim+henson&search_episodes=

I would think some devoted fan would have started a running thread here on Muppet Central to keep fans informed of what's currently available via Netflix Instant Watch, and what's about to expire.

"Fraggle Rock: The Animated Series" and "The Secret Life of Toys" both expire in April.

Lola p

Reaction score
hey all! just saw no one had responed for almost a month and thought i would start a conversation! well, i was in my 6th period reading class..... and my teacher was going over some new boring asignment...... we had to do a reserch project. she was going over a bunch of political people.... past presidents..... blah blah blah.... ( at this point my atention starts to go off track from me being tired, thanks 5th period gym.) but then she starts calling us up to choose books. she calls me, and i go: "ok, no ofense, but all these people are boring! why can we not have any good, creative, fun people?" then she goes: " ok, ms., who can YOU think of???" I then smiled and stood up and said( at the top of my lungs) JIM HENSON! considering this, she then let me do my report on jim henson!:smile:
And so i was skiming through the book, and this picture of all the mupeeters come up. and richjard hunt was included. i smiled and thoguht of the rhlc. and i was like: " i need to vist thoses guys, i havent poped in for a while." so i wanted to vist and just say hey and stuff. And another good thing is my schedule is starting to clear up. so i will FINALLY be able to [post frequently agaian!:electric:

yours truley,
lola p. :eek::flirt::wink::boo:

GoboDeadly95

Reaction score
hey all! just saw no one had responed for almost a month and thought i would start a conversation! well, i was in my 6th period reading class..... and my teacher was going over some new boring asignment...... we had to do a reserch project. she was going over a bunch of political people.... past presidents..... blah blah blah.... ( at this point my atention starts to go off track from me being tired, thanks 5th period gym.) but then she starts calling us up to choose books. she calls me, and i go: "ok, no ofense, but all these people are boring! why can we not have any good, creative, fun people?" then she goes: " ok, ms., who can YOU think of???" I then smiled and stood up and said( at the top of my lungs) JIM HENSON! considering this, she then let me do my report on jim henson!:smile:
And so i was skiming through the book, and this picture of all the mupeeters come up. and richjard hunt was included. i smiled and thoguht of the rhlc. and i was like: " i need to vist thoses guys, i havent poped in for a while." so i wanted to vist and just say hey and stuff. And another good thing is my schedule is starting to clear up. so i will FINALLY be able to [post frequently agaian!:electric:

yours truley,
lola p. :eek::flirt::wink::boo:
That's actually awesome I'm not going to lie. I should do that in a random class sometime. Hop on a chair and scream Jim Henson. I did a speech on the company once last year for speech class. It was pretty awesome. I got like a B on it but the teacher who graded it rarely, if ever, gives As.

Lola p

Reaction score
yeah, it was pretty cool. i got a lot of weird looks though. lol.

Lola p

Reaction score
ok, i did my spech, and i got 10 exttra credit points! i got them for going on for about 10 mins. (we were only suposed to go for 2) i am sooo happy!:electric::smile::excited:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
and i go: "ok, no ofense, but all these people are boring! why can we not have any good, creative, fun people?" then she goes: " ok, ms., who can YOU think of???" I then smiled and stood up and said( at the top of my lungs) JIM HENSON! considering this, she then let me do my report on jim henson!:smile:
And so i was skiming through the book, and this picture of all the mupeeters come up. and richjard hunt was included. i smiled and thoguht of the rhlc.
That's great Lola, good for you! I totally understand, I loved History class but I hated it when it was reduced to "This President, that war, Next President, next war." Ugh, lol.

Glad your speech went well. :smile:

Lola p

Reaction score
ya, my speech was the only one to go outside of the box, too. mine was fun to do, and everyone else said they hated the project, but i personly loved it. :big_grin:

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Hi, everyone, how's it going?

I've been pretty absent from the MC forum of late - between work and assorted other things, plus I just came back from a trip to Ireland.