I Want Answers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You know, this has been going on for years, but now, I really want to know something...

Why is it that half the time I post a new thread on this forum, the titles are changed? I don't see this happening very much to anyone else here, but it seems to happen to me all the time, whether it's shortening a thread title, or changing the title altogether, etc... I just really would like to know what is it about the titles I give my threads that seem to constantly garner edits? I try to give my titles proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation, while at the same time, try to make them look amusing and interesting... but I guess somewhere in the process, I must be doing something wrong, and I'd like to know what it is, and maybe perhaps something can be done to remedy this situation.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Five.

Aquamarine.

False.

C.

Yoko Ono.

(Oh wait...i should probably really get out of the habit of just reading the thread titles and not the posts themselves...)

CherryPizza

Reaction score
It happens to me constantly, and, quite frankly, it ****** me off no end. Yes, I realise the word will get auto-censored, but it's the only word to explain my feelings towards it.

The moderators must have some system of logic about clearly flagging what a post is about. However, so often people make deliberate choices to title posts the way that they do, expressing their own styles in the process. The re-titling simply whitewashes people's styles and implies that there is no room for individual characters on the forum.

God forbid we think people should feel safe being individuals on a forum about Jim Henson.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It happens to me constantly, and, quite frankly, it ****** me off no end. Yes, I realise the word will get auto-censored, but it's the only word to explain my feelings towards it.

The moderators must have some system of logic about clearly flagging what a post is about. However, so often people make deliberate choices to title posts the way that they do, expressing their own styles in the process. The re-titling simply whitewashes people's styles and implies that there is no room for individual characters on the forum.

God forbid we think people should feel safe being individuals on a forum about Jim Henson.
Well, it's nice to know that I'm actually NOT the only one plagued by this.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
It's only happened to me approximately twice but I wasn't offended because I could understand why they did it in those instances.

Back when I first joined I started a thread called When the monsters ate their fellow muppets in Classic Muppets and that became Monsters eating other muppets, which I agree was a much better way of putting it.

The other time was when I was ranting about how The Muppet Show Comics were not available in Australia. I was so blinkety blank angry I called my thread AAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! and said in my first post now that I have your attention let me tell you why I'm so angry. That thread became TMS comics availabilty program and I actually apologised in the thread to the mods. Perhaps I had been slightly out of line even though I was so steamed up.

I suggest Snowth and CherryPizza that you both have a private conversation with Ed or one of the other mods and ask nicely why your threads keep changing names if you can't see any reason for them to do so.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
At this time, I am PUBLICALLY asking that Ed PLEASE stop editing all my thread titles... I have no idea why he feels the need to do this, but it's very insulting, considering I always make sure my thread titles are eye-catching and interesting, but also use proper grammar and spelling that titles need to have.

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
How exactly are your thread titles being changed? Grammatically, spelling-wise, something else?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Okay, I know I posted this once, but...

D'Snowth, I personally haven't touched/retitled a thread of yours in ages. If you feel a particular thread has been retitled, please state which in order to better defend myself with regards to that specific case.
As far as targeting your threads, let me assure you that ALL threads can be subject to thread retitling if a moderator believes the need to do so to better inform the public at large what the thread content will discuss and/or if it needs to be moved to another folder or section of the forum where it fits in better.

This is a tool all moderators have had since the beginning and have used at all times. So please keep in mind that even though I may be one of the most actively visible online members of the staff, not all mod actions at every single hour of the day are carried out by myself. Hope this helps and have a good day. :wisdom:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I have the opposite problem. My threads that need retitling don't get retitled and cause confusion and argumets :stick_out_tongue: :embarrassed:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Well Snowth. As a friend I strongly urge you to privately discuss the way you feel with the other mods with a calm respective attitude and I am sure they will be honest and reasonable with you. If anything is annoying you the best thing is to talk it over and sort things out with those involved. You will be certain to find that they will have their own sincere well-meaning reasons for making those title changes. I hope you can see each other's point of view and come to a balanced agreement. Also you made a good point Ed that none of us should automatically assume that anything we disagree with regarding moderator duties is done by you. Furthermore that said while we may not always see eye to eye about everything all our mods do we must never forget the important job they do overall in striving to keep our forum a happy and friendly place online. Thank you. :smile:

And Sargey if you feel the need to ask them about your matter that's what you should do also. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.