"The Muppets" debut at Number 1 in DVD sales

DannyRWW

Reaction score
This is all good news...not unexpected though...a family friendlyDVD with familiar characters and no CGI.... Its a win all around.

zoebell

Reaction score
this is a really good sign because it shows how much people loved this movie. and very good point about this being the way we start reeling in the kids

i think that will happen for sure, and i think the next movie will be much bigger because of it. the people who loved this movie are going to show it to everyone who didn't get a chance to see it, and especially to little kids so they can get into the muppets. and that'll be the key to the next one's success

this always happens with sleeper movies, ones that maybe weren't gigantic hits in theaters but had really passionate fans (like anchorman, fight club, or the first austin powers). the fans jump all over them when they come out and show it to everyone, and the movie becomes bigger on dvd. not that the muppets wasn't a hit (it was) but i think the reason it didn't get to 100 million was precisely because little kids didn't respond to it because they didn't already know the muppets themselves

but now they're going to get it force-fed to them on dvd and then probably the old movies and stuff, so that they're all ready for it when the sequel comes out

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
THAT such great news!!! So happy to hear but I can definitely believe it! People where I live have been going crazy since it came out. It's obvious at the empty store shelves. LOL!

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
this always happens with sleeper movies, ones that maybe weren't gigantic hits in theaters but had really passionate fans (like anchorman, fight club, or the first austin powers). the fans jump all over them when they come out and show it to everyone, and the movie becomes bigger on dvd. not that the muppets wasn't a hit (it was) but i think the reason it didn't get to 100 million was precisely because little kids didn't respond to it because they didn't already know the muppets themselves
That could've had alot to do with it but it was also released the same time "Twilight" was released so that's probably another reason why. It was always at no 2 at the box office after Twilight.

Drtooth

Reaction score
i think that will happen for sure, and i think the next movie will be much bigger because of it. the people who loved this movie are going to show it to everyone who didn't get a chance to see it, and especially to little kids so they can get into the muppets. and that'll be the key to the next one's success

There's always a group that waits until the DVD to come out because it's just cheaper (and lazier) that way. They just don't appreciate the feel of going out to see the theaters and get an audience reaction. But that does work to the advantage of a sequel. They'll wind up regretting having to wait that long next time.

Still, I wonder how much they're going to make in rentals when this thing hits RedBox and Netflix. That may be an even greater indication of how the movie does.