Your Thoughts: The Muppets on Blu-ray and DVD

What version of The Muppets did you buy?

• The Muppets "Wocka Wocka" Value Pack

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • The Muppets Blu-ray/DVD

Votes: 15 21.4%
  • The Muppets DVD/Soundtrack

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Muppets DVD

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • The Muppets "Wocka Wocka" Value Pack + Lunchbox (Best Buy Exclusive)

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • The Muppets Blu-ray/DVD + Finger Puppets (Wal-Mart Exclusive)

Votes: 8 11.4%
  • The Muppets Blu-ray/DVD + Lithographs (Disney Exclusive)

Votes: 6 8.6%
  • The Muppets Blu-ray/DVD + Muppet Show DVD (Target Exclusive)

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • The Muppets Blu-ray/DVD + Poster (Toys R Us Exclusive)

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
so, the movie was kind of confirming that they really were married then.

i wonder why they decided to redo it this way. maybe they didn't want there to be such a clear cut confirmation of their marriage in the final cut
I dont either because I thought that wedding was just for MTM.

zoebell

Reaction score
yeah, and it kinda makes things more confusing actually...because after MTM, kermit and piggy were always going back and forth in "real life" on their talk show appearances and stuff about whether they were married or not. but then if they have them play their "real selves" in this movie and simultaneously confirm that the marriage within the movie WAS real...that is really, really meta

i think that's going too far with the meta stuff

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
To me I think all that stuff was just for the movies. In real life, it's obvious their not married but as Kermit says they are indeed together. Like I said I'll take it! LOL!

Misskermie

Reaction score
yeah, and it kinda makes things more confusing actually...because after MTM, kermit and piggy were always going back and forth in "real life" on their talk show appearances and stuff about whether they were married or not. but then if they have them play their "real selves" in this movie and simultaneously confirm that the marriage within the movie WAS real...that is really, really meta

i think that's going too far with the meta stuff
I know, I'm getting confused as to which one's the real life, and which one's just fantasy!

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
You know at first I thought the wedding in MTM was real but it's obvious at least to me that it was only for that movie and played no part in real life. Like I said before in a few posts...Kermit and Piggy are like Mickey and Minnie Mouse to me they aren't married to the public but techincially by the studios standards they're infact married.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
You know at first I thought the wedding in MTM was real but it's obvious at least to me that it was only for that movie and played no part in real life.
The book version of the movie has a photo of Gonzo talking to Kermit in the wedding scene and the text says he reveals that the guy really was a minister and they're really married. They might have planned that originally but then opted to make the ending more ambiguous instead.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Yes he was a real minister but again it was only for the movie...I don't feel it had anything to do with their real lives.

Misskermie

Reaction score
This is so confusing!!! LOL I wish they'd make up their minds!

zoebell

Reaction score
i agree with the ending they chose for MTM, because it really does make for a lovely, happily-ever-after ending shot, at least for the film.

and whether the wedding was "real" or not, the scene and the ending itself basically cemented kermit and piggy together forever in the eyes of audiences, and that had to have been the intent, don't you think? i mean, from that point on they kind of are the equivalent of mickey/minnie or something