Custom figures and dioramas

Blue Weirdo

Reaction score
beat me to it GAR. I've been planning to do a whole line of Muppets of the Universe figures. I'm using Janice as She-Ra though. Piggy will be Teela. I was also going to do up Robin as Prince Adam and paint Gaffer as Cringer. yeah I got a lot of ideas for this.... just not a lot of time to sit down and do them.

GAR

Reaction score
First up... WOW! That Wembeley is wonderful!!! Can;t wait to see him completed with body and all... Wonderful sculpt!

beat me to it GAR. I've been planning to do a whole line of Muppets of the Universe figures. I'm using Janice as She-Ra though. Piggy will be Teela. I was also going to do up Robin as Prince Adam and paint Gaffer as Cringer. yeah I got a lot of ideas for this.... just not a lot of time to sit down and do them.
same here, so much ideas so little time. Piggy as She-Ra is coming along quite nice. Here she is halfway. Need to finish her tiara so that it will be one piece, will have to sculpt the now painted emblem on her chest, need to give her a final paint job and find her some weapons. Used an original She-Ra cape for her.

More soon!

Dearth

Reaction score
Glad to see you took the plunge Lance! Great likeness. I almost expect his eyes to swivel up to one side!

GAR, we need to see a pic of He-Frog and She-Pig together. Don't forget that Cringer/Gaffer suggestion.
Alex

GAR

Reaction score
GAR, we need to see a pic of He-Frog and She-Pig together.
I will take that once Piggy is finished. Could be a while though. I work extremely slow. Want to give her a MOTU Classics She-ra sword and shield. Need to find those at a reasonable price too.

Don't forget that Cringer/Gaffer suggestion.
I won't! I already have the Battle Cat (a vintage one) for that, but now I also kinda want to make him into an actual Cringer. So I might have to find me another one...

I'm not actually considering a whole line. I made Kermit because I loved that vintage Muppets Of The Universe poster so much, after that I felt he needed a companion. That will be She-Pig (or: Piggy Of Power, I kinda like how that sounds) and after that probably the Cringer/Gaffer idea. And it will probably end there. Although Crash Helmet Gonzo would make one mean looking Stratos!! And Bunsen is the ideal Man-At-Arms, being an inventor and all...

But I work slow. I'm actually still finishing figures I started a year ago... having some cool Muppet ideas though. Captain Smollet Kermit, for instance, is the ideal base figure to make Kermit as he was seen at the Pirates Of The Caribbean 4 premiere, dressed as Jack Sparrow! It's just too bad that one actually has to destroy a Palidsades figure to proceed.

Muppetaz

Reaction score
I just found somthing really interesting. if you turn the Lew Zealand action figure upsidedown his head looks exactly like Nigel! :smile:

Dearth

Reaction score
I'm actually still finishing figures I started a year ago... having some cool Muppet ideas though. Captain Smollet Kermit, for instance, is the ideal base figure to make Kermit as he was seen at the Pirates Of The Caribbean 4 premiere, dressed as Jack Sparrow! It's just too bad that one actually has to destroy a Palidsades figure to proceed.

Haha! I began the exact same figure last summer but never completed him yet. I dismantled a spare Smolly and bought a broken Jack Sparrow off eBay for some of the accessories. If you've got a Clifford lying around, you could use his dreads.

I should have enough pieces left over of Smolly to combine with a series one Kermit and also make a shirtless Smollet with the Benjamina tattoo. Need to have someone sew me a little cloth shirt for him to wear.

And speaking of POTC figures being used for Muppet-related customs, I also bought a Barbossa on clearance from the fourth film. I plan to repaint him to be Long John from the end of MTI... he's got the fancy coat, the crutch, he's perfect.

I even thought about replacing the head with a Tim Curry sculpt, possibly from a Rocky Horror Frank N. Furter figure.

Alex

Reactions: j3h

GAR

Reaction score
Haha! I began the exact same figure last summer but never completed him yet. I dismantled a spare Smolly and bought a broken Jack Sparrow off eBay for some of the accessories. If you've got a Clifford lying around, you could use his dreads.
I had actually considered doing that with Clifford's dreads, but purchasing a Jack Sparrow as well for the accessories is an awesome idea! I might steal that idea if I eventually get to actually making him. Making Long John from a Barbossa figure is awesome too!!

Ah well, so much ideas, so little time. First things first. Finish Piggy. And maybe another small new member of the Muppet family if I can actually pull off sculpting a head...