Confirmed: Jason Segel Bows out of "The Muppets" Sequel

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
I'm not saying that, I love Gonzo and think he's a great character but when it comes down to it you know that Kermit is gonna have most of the dialouge. Because well Kermit is the star. :/ I think Muppets in Space was where Gonzo was more of the star and Kermit was more of a costar so maybe they'll do something more like that in a DVD release or something.
I gotcha. And I'm not saying that I think Gonzo should take over in a lead role - just that I'd like to see more of him in the next movie.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I gotcha. And I'm not saying that I think Gonzo should take over in a lead role - just that I'd like to see more of him in the next movie.
Maybe you could write to Disney and make that suggestion? You never know they might take it into consideration.

Kermoot

Reaction score
Its not a horrible thing that hes gone its sad but I don't think he should be in it, he can write it but just be in it because he did his do and now its done.

zoebell

Reaction score
i like the cheapest muppet movie ever made idea- they might go for that and re-tweak it a bit

i also like the idea of them on some big adventure around the world, because then they could maybe split up and have segments with different pairs of them. i mostly just want them to be themselves and already know each other, not like muppet caper or something. and since nick stoller said he prefers that too, i think they probably will be

it'll be interesting to see what they come up with, because i think a large part of the stellar reviews on this one came from the nostalgia angle, and that won't be there in the next one. i mean, i guess it could be there if they want to keep it going, but i doubt it. they won't want to repeat themselves. so it's got to come up with something entirely different

Drtooth

Reaction score
i like the cheapest muppet movie ever made idea- they might go for that and re-tweak it a bit

i also like the idea of them on some big adventure around the world, because then they could maybe split up and have segments with different pairs of them. i mostly just want them to be themselves and already know each other, not like muppet caper or something. and since nick stoller said he prefers that too, i think they probably will be
Big Adventure, GMC style would work beautifully. Cheapest? I'm not sure they're really there yet. Henson didn't feel it was the right time after MTM, the third of the movies... as the second one, it would work too much on a theater of the absurd. The fans might get into it, but the more casual movie goers will find it too gimmicky and strange. It would probably be lost on younger kids. It does have great potential for being insanely hilarious, but it could also turn out really really wrong.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I do agree with what someone said I wanna see more muppets then humans with just a few brief cameos. I did love The Muppets but yeah at times it felt like it was premoting Jason Segal and Amy Adams. That's where Jim was a genius he always made sure the Muppets were at the forefront of the movies.

DannyRWW

Reaction score
hmmm I liked both of them in this. I don't think you needed their storyline in its entirety. I think Jason Segel's character was worth having as he is the pull between Walter's old life and the new life as a Muppet. Amy Adams not so much. Again I didn't mind them so much over all but yeah it does take the focus away from the Muppets. On the other hand if one of us had the pull to get a Muppet movie made wouldn't you want to be a big part of that. On a side note I got a new issue of US weekly in the mail (Someone ordered it for us and I have no idea who) and it had michelle Williams and Jason Segel on the cover. The first thing I said when I saw it was, "I can't believe she fell for Muppet Man." and the rest of the jokes just kept coming after that.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Oh I am thankful the movie was made! I loved the movie don't get me wrong I've lost count of how many times I've watched it already LOL but if I have anything that was wrong with the film that would be it. I love Amy Adams but I could just watch her in in Enchanted ya know? LOL!