Your Thoughts: The Muppets Original Soundtrack

What is your favorite song from The Muppets soundtrack?

• The Muppet Show Theme - The Muppets

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • Life's a Happy Song - Jason Segel, Amy Adams and Walter

Votes: 16 27.6%
  • Pictures In My Head - Kermit and The Muppets

Votes: 10 17.2%
  • Me and Julio Down By the Schoolyard - Paul Simon

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Rainbow Connection - The Moopets

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • We Built This City - Starship

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Me Party - Amy Adams and Miss Piggy

• Let's Talk about Me - Chris Cooper

• Man or Muppet - Jason Segel and Walter

Votes: 8 13.8%
  • Smells Like Teen Spirit - The Muppet Barbershop Quartet

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Forget You - Camilla and the Chickens

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rainbow Connection - The Muppets

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • The Whistling Caruso - Andrew Bird

• Life's a Happy Song Finale - Entire Cast

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Mahna Mahna - Mahna Mahna and The Two Snowths

• Total voters

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I need to buy the actual CD...I only have a few songs downloaded on my iPhone from itunes. I might buy that along with the movie next Tues. I know some versions have a digital download card but I want the actual CD in my hands if anything for a collectors piece.

rexcrk

Reaction score
I love the soundtrack, "Life's a Happy Song" and "Man or Muppet" are definitely the best, but they're all good.

And I always get goosebumps right when the Electric Mayhem and the other Muppets join Kermit singing "Pictures in My Head".

LouisTheOtter

Reaction score
I resisted buying the soundtrack album or listening to these tracks for a few reasons: I didn't want spoilers; it was approaching Christmas and my wife and I were on a tight budget (and we still saw the movie twice anyway); all the soundtrack elements showed up on YouTube shortly after the movie's release (not that I'm advocating that kind of thing); and, after Christmas, I wanted to wait until the home release for what I considered a Muppet luxury/indulgence.

I finally picked it up yesterday and am I EVER enjoying the way Disney Records put this together. The songs and movie clips flow beautifully and it's bringing a lot of great memories of the film flooding back. There are also a few nice surprises, most notably the extended (and/or apparently-extended) versions of "Moopets Rainbow Connection," "Me Party," and "Forget You" - almost as funny as a basic soundtrack cut as the fully-staged movie version - as well as the nice clean cut of "Smells Like Teen Spirit" which shows off the subtleties missed in the Jack Black craziness of the film version (particularly Link's voice and the first-verse ending - Sam: "Oh no, I know a dirty word"; Beaker: "Oooh!").

I was already a fan of "Pictures In My Head" and the triumphant-return full-cast version of "Rainbow Connection" but I wasn't prepared for how choked up I got listening to them in my car while driving to and from a work assignment last night...I thought I was going to have to pull over with all those tears in my eyes.

Pleasantly surprised with how much I'm enjoying the finale version of "Life's A Happy Song," too - both versions are great but the finale just gets me going (even Chris Cooper's line, "Will you please stop singing? You already sang this song!").

Conversely, though, the full version of "Let's Talk About Me" convinces me even more that the film's final cut did the right thing by leaving out the Tex Richman backstory. I still don't like the way the final resolution of Richman returning the Muppets' theatre and name took place, but at least we didn't have the backstory bogging down the rest of the proceedings.

And, of course, the great new tweak on "The Muppet Show Theme" (love to hear Steve's Kermit predominating in the late stages) and the OSCAR-WINNING "Man Or Muppet"...need I say more?

Great soundtrack...Glad I disciplined myself and didn't buy it right away (but no offense to anyone else who did) - it was WELL worth the wait and I'll treasure it forever!

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I resisted buying the soundtrack album or listening to these tracks for a few reasons: I didn't want spoilers; it was approaching Christmas and my wife and I were on a tight budget (and we still saw the movie twice anyway); all the soundtrack elements showed up on YouTube shortly after the movie's release (not that I'm advocating that kind of thing); and, after Christmas, I wanted to wait until the home release for what I considered a Muppet luxury/indulgence.

I finally picked it up yesterday and am I EVER enjoying the way Disney Records put this together. The songs and movie clips flow beautifully and it's bringing a lot of great memories of the film flooding back. There are also a few nice surprises, most notably the extended (and/or apparently-extended) versions of "Moopets Rainbow Connection," "Me Party," and "Forget You" - almost as funny as a basic soundtrack cut as the fully-staged movie version - as well as the nice clean cut of "Smells Like Teen Spirit" which shows off the subtleties missed in the Jack Black craziness of the film version (particularly Link's voice and the first-verse ending - Sam: "Oh no, I know a dirty word"; Beaker: "Oooh!").

I was already a fan of "Pictures In My Head" and the triumphant-return full-cast version of "Rainbow Connection" but I wasn't prepared for how choked up I got listening to them in my car while driving to and from a work assignment last night...I thought I was going to have to pull over with all those tears in my eyes.

Pleasantly surprised with how much I'm enjoying the finale version of "Life's A Happy Song," too - both versions are great but the finale just gets me going (even Chris Cooper's line, "Will you please stop singing? You already sang this song!").

Conversely, though, the full version of "Let's Talk About Me" convinces me even more that the film's final cut did the right thing by leaving out the Tex Richman backstory. I still don't like the way the final resolution of Richman returning the Muppets' theatre and name took place, but at least we didn't have the backstory bogging down the rest of the proceedings.

And, of course, the great new tweak on "The Muppet Show Theme" (love to hear Steve's Kermit predominating in the late stages) and the OSCAR-WINNING "Man Or Muppet"...need I say more?

Great soundtrack...Glad I disciplined myself and didn't buy it right away (but no offense to anyone else who did) - it was WELL worth the wait and I'll treasure it forever!
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I also am bummed the score wasn't put into the soundtrack!! I mean geez the score is what had me bawling in some places!

LouisTheOtter

Reaction score
Yeah, the score would have been nice to have, particularly the reworked "Pictures In My Head" as the Muppets leave the theatre, or even the peppier bits like the "Muppet Man" and "Kidnapping Jack Black" music.

I was pleasantly surprised when those last two music sequences (as well as an instrumental version of "Life's A Happy Song") accompanied the end credits on the home-release version of The Muppets. One of the few real disappointments about the movie's theatrical release was the use of generic "soundtrack music" for the credits instead of Muppety stuff after the Mahna Mahna medley (which I would have loved to see in a longer version throughout the credits). Disney must have had a change of heart on that front and the final product is much more pleasing.

That being said...Was I the only one who visualized this movie ending with the original TMS closing theme and Statler and Waldorf coming back for one last shot before the final few credits rolled???

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
So what are the chances of them releasing the score? Probably slim to none but I hope if the score is just as good in the next movie as it was in this one it's included in the soundtrack.

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
I'm surprised the score for Muppets From Space got released. I mean, I would much rather see The Muppets score released.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I'm still holding out they will release the score!! I loved the score! Like I said its what had me crying in some places! I feel like writing Nick and James..."are you past page 13 yet?!!" Lol.

LouisTheOtter

Reaction score
From the "Things You Don't Figure Out Until Well After The Fact" Department:

I didn't realize until this morning, when I had "Let's Talk About Me" rumbling through my head as I finished my morning coffee, that the uncut version has an additional Muppet shout-out via the Tex Richman line "It isn't easy having this much green" in the final chorus.

I can't believe it took me this long to realize the nod to "Bein' Green" in that lyric. I need to start drinking stronger coffee...