Are the Buddies Ever Gonna be Put to Sleep?

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Hunchback was a strange choice of a Disney movie to begin with.
It really seemed that in that period EVERYTHING got a sequel except for things that should have had sequels. Hercules 2 never happened... and the rumor was they were going to use the original plot of the Hercules movie (the one we didn't see all about the Trojan Wars), but instead just gave us the first 3 episodes of the cartoon edited together.

I will say it was strange they made a sequel (and animated series) of Emperor's New Groove, considering they treated it so shabbily when it was first released. That one was pretty good too, actually.

Now, what I wanna know is what strange exception the Tinkerbelle movies keep getting. I know the first one was far too into production to cancel completely (they just rewrote the first one before it was finished), but they keep having follow ups to them. These are based on Italian comics, which leads me to ask, why not give Donald Duck's Italian alteregos some DTV's? Secret Agent, caped vigilante... The third and final Chris Nolan Batman movie's coming out this summer... it would have been the perfect time to capitalize on it with a Duck Avenger DTV project. We haven't had the comics for over a year or two. Those were really good.
The closest thing to a sequel Hercules got was a Direct-to-Video "movie" which was basically 3 episodes of the TV series, like Cinderlla II was based on a planned series that thankfuly never existed.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The closest thing to a sequel Hercules got was a Direct-to-Video "movie" which was basically 3 episodes of the TV series, like Cinderlla II was based on a planned series that thankfuly never existed.
I just said that.

Anyway, there are at least 6 of these videos that are 3 episodes of a cartoon series...

Hercules, Cinderella 2, Tarzan (the first DTV project, the second one was a prequel), I think there was something with Beauty and the Beast (not the Christmas one), Atlantis (which, like Cinderella and B&TB didn't get to be an actual series), and Buzz Lightyear of Star Command (but with all of Buzz's lines redubbed by Tim Allen and a fun little Pixar made intro).

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
I just said that.

Anyway, there are at least 6 of these videos that are 3 episodes of a cartoon series...

Hercules, Cinderella 2, Tarzan (the first DTV project, the second one was a prequel), I think there was something with Beauty and the Beast (not the Christmas one), Atlantis (which, like Cinderella and B&TB didn't get to be an actual series), and Buzz Lightyear of Star Command (but with all of Buzz's lines redubbed by Tim Allen and a fun little Pixar made intro).
Belle did have one called Belle's Magical World, but it's almost as bad as Cinderella if not worse.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Not that I care, but are we to assume that this new "Santa Paws" DVD is also part of this Buddies franchise?

And, honestly, HOW many of those movies are there now? In addition to the original Air Bud sequels that weren't necessary to begin with?

Drtooth

Reaction score
In addition to the original Air Bud sequels that weren't necessary to begin with?
We can all agree on this. The original Air Bud sequels were basically "look what other sport we can get a dog to play." That was the only reason those were made.

The Buddies were a lame spinoff to fill the quota of lame talking dog movies featuring the same talking dog cliches that 4 year olds love, and everyone else wishes grievous harm on everyone involved.

Seriously. ENOUGH with the 15 year old rap slang rappers used only once before out of touch 50 year old white people started using it.

galagr

Reaction score
I gotta admit, when I saw the title, I laughed for at least a minute and a half, and I own two dogs. Found this out today, The "Buddies" series is currently tied with The Land Before Time series for sequels, and there is another Buddies sequel coming in 2013. There you have it, folks! The buddies are going to beat The Land Before Time franchise! Ain't that sad......