The movie could have been even better (article)

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Me too! Trust me for awhile I was not happy with where they were going with The Muppets but then they weren't really with any particular company they were kinda just being thrown around and not given and real groud. But I think their in good hands with Disney and I believe Disney will make sure that they keep going. I was just thrilled to actually see a Muppet movie on the big screen. I was only able to catch the classic movies on TV when I was younger so I was just beyond happy to actually be able to go to a theater and see them. Because I wasn't even born yet when the first movie and the muppet caper came out. and I was only a year old when Manhattan was released.
Yeah we're pretty much on the same page here, hehe. :smile:

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Yep!!! Like I said I think I love them even more and appericate them now then when I was a child. Cause I sort of grew out of them and didn't really think much of them till about two years ago so...I guess yeah when Jim died I felt like the magic wouldn't be back anymore. So I kind of forgot about them. And I understand about not fixing something if isn't broke I just feel no matter what they will always be classic to me. :smile:

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
And this is just random but I just love hearing Kermit sing...I wish they'd let him sing more instead of just giving interviews. Especially ballads I get so emotional. Lol!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Cause I sort of grew out of them and didn't really think much of them till about two years ago so...
Yeah totally I've definitely had my break periods over the years and then suddenly they'd pop back up again. I never understand why it happens but it just feels right, lol.

Sorry if I seem harsh about the "updating" thing, my friends say I was born in the wrong decade, lol.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
None taken were all entitled to our opinion...trust me I was and still that way...I always think what Jim would have done or what Jim would think today but I just keep remembring what they said when Walt died and the studios just like The Muppets went through sort of a dark period where they weren't sure what to do. And didn't even know if the company would make it without Walt but then realized we gotta move on and find our own way. So I try to now think it was the same thing with The Muppets it took them a long time to move on but I think their okay now. :smile:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
None taken were all entitled to our opinion...trust me I was and still that way...I always think what Jim would have done or what Jim would think today but I just keep remembring what they said when Walt died and the studios just like The Muppets went through sort of a dark period where they weren't sure what to do. And didn't even know if the company would make it without Walt but then realized we gotta move on and find our own way. So I try to now think it was the same thing with The Muppets it took them a long time to move on but I think their okay now. :smile:
Yeah people forget that Disney was pretty much gone for like two decades as far as their animated movies, lol. I love how that 60 Minutes special on the Muppet Show compared the Muppets to "the heyday of Disney," lol. But eventually, Disney under Eisner in the early '90s did finally bring them back to their rightful place as animation pioneers (despite the problems they had later, we'll ignore that for now, lol).

Sometimes it does take that right person and that right moment in time. If it was easy to predict, franchises would never have problems in the first place. :wink:

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
LOL! Yeah I know what you mean. Disney has had it's fair share of hibernation you could say. haha! But I think we all sort of go through that as people. Have our dark times and looking for our way in life but we all just keep moving forward. :smile:

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Yeah people forget that Disney was pretty much gone for like two decades as far as their animated movies, lol. I love how that 60 Minutes special on the Muppet Show compared the Muppets to "the heyday of Disney," lol. But eventually, Disney under Eisner in the early '90s did finally bring them back to their rightful place as animation pioneers (despite the problems they had later, we'll ignore that for now, lol).

Sometimes it does take that right person and that right moment in time. If it was easy to predict, franchises would never have problems in the first place. :wink:
So true! I sent you a private message by the way it's about Jim hope you enjoy it.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Well I'm not naive enough to think the Muppets will ever be the way they were again as when Jim was alive. The world is different now, the entertainment industry is different now, etc. and honestly I think THAT is more in where my problem lies with current Muppet stuff. Because they are trying to stay current and "hip" for lack of a better description right now, I just think they are trying TOO hard. I just feel their heart has been lacking (some of that was seen in the new film, but not enough in my opinion). Like Kermit living in a mansion was so unlike what I think of that embodies Kermit's character: a simple "everyfrog" who is down to earth and just good.
And yes, while I give Jason Segel credit for lobbying for this movie to get made, I still dislike him as an actor, and didn't get why he had to kind of act Muppety himself in the film. Making all those faces, and if he called Walter "little buddy" once, he did it 20 times. I think one of the great strengths of the Muppets working with live human actors was it was always people you either couldn't picture acting zany like Orson Welles, etc. or people who just have that kind of fun vibe like Whoopi Goldberg, and Jason Segel to me is neither. Anyone could've played his part in the film and probably better.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I personally think their right where they should be. God knows it's taken them a long time to find their place and I think they have. I didn't even know who Jason was until The Muppets so... shows how much I really keep up with the entertainment industry. LOL! If there was anything wrong with the movie I was definitely not used to seeing Kermit so reclusive as he's put it in interviews but at the same time he feels the way I had been feeling about them not sure if they would ever make a comeback. I just know The Muppets are back and what I think we've all been wanting. Now on the other hand bringing back The Muppet show would be even better but we'll see!