Courtney Love Mad at the Muppets

Slackbot

Reaction score
Sounds like somebody's sense of humor needs a tuneup.

(I never did get why SLTS is supposed to be such a fantastic song anyway. I always found it nonsensical and grating. Oh well.)

Drtooth

Reaction score
Appearantly she us upset that they used a Nirvana song in the Muppets. She even says they 'raped' Cobain's memory. Ouch. That is not a phrase I would want hear ascociated with the Muppets.
Are you sure that Courtney Love is really mad that Miss Poogy is a billion times more sexually appealing than her?

There are no bounds to my hatred of Courtney... I kinda blame her for Cobain's death. I'm sure someone's going to have a beef with me saying that, but I never liked her.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Sounds like she doesn't technically own the song anymore, so tough cookies, lady! I'm sorry but I'm sick of train wreck celebrities getting so much undeserved attention. It only makes them worse.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Kurt Cobain loved Weird Al's version and video of the song. There's no doubt he would have been wild about this too! Courtney cashed-in and sold her rights a long time ago. That's probably what she's bitter about. And riding someone else's wave of popularity is something that's not entirely foreign to her. :embarrassed:

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Forget her! Leave The Muppets alone! That's really sad your going after The Muppets over a song. She must be desperate for money. :stick_out_tongue:

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Courtney Love is just angry because Janice is a better guitar player than she is.

But seriously, this is rather silly. She didn't write "Smells Like Teen Spirit", and she sold her share of Kurt's royalties awhile back, so tough luck. Plus I think society needs to have a discussion about when it's appropriate to use the word "rape" and when it's not. Hint: this is not an appropriate usage of it.