Rumor: Lindsay Lohan in "The Muppets" Sequel?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well, keep in mind, all this usually happens in California, just about everything's legal in California. :laugh:
Oh trust me, this kind of thing happens in every state. I know California's got the reputation, but it's hardly got the monopoly on reckless driving (or people getting away with it).

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Oh trust me, this kind of thing happens in every state. I know California's got the reputation, but it's hardly got the monopoly on reckless driving (or people getting away with it).
Agreed!

Not to get off topic, but there are more meth labs in the heartland's more rural areas than anywhere else in the country. That doesn't paint the heartland as being any less wholesome. Of course California gets pegged for just about everything. It's probably jealousy for our nice weather. :wink: Don't get me wrong. I support people making blanket statements..if they're funny. Joseph's indictment of California was Jay Leno sort of humor, I guess. Repeat a cliché, hold for laughter. I just can't appreciate it.

On another note...a woman with a terminal brain tumor was recently turned away from a San Francisco hospital because they denied the right to her use of prescribed medical marijuana. It was her case that brought about legal changes in the first place and they still booted her out on the street. Whether or not people agree with her use of marijuana for seizures, this incident goes to show that California isn't as liberal as the rest of the nation might believe it to be.

I still don't see the reason to pile-on these celebs.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Who's to say she can't?
I didn't say she couldn't... I was referring to the past of course. I think she's seen the error of her ways, and she really does want to apply herself... but now, unfortunately she has that thing to follow her. She can do her best to try and put that all behind her, but our stupid TMZ culture will always label her with that.

I'm glad Paul Rubens was able to get past that one incident and went on to bring Pee Wee back, as well as having a wonderful career outside of that single character. Dude was Batmite in Brave and the Bold. The BEST Batmite there has ever been.

Devaluing an actress because her looks remind you of another one or because her acting ability isn't Oscar-worthy...I just don't get it.

As for Lindsay, I can understand Muppet fans' objection to her being in the movie. She's a poor role model and there's better talent out there without her troubled history. I can also understand fans' objection to Elton John who was high when he did the Muppet Show and behaves so horribly to others now. However he's very talented, charitable and the Muppets would still benefit from working with him. I'm just trying to figure out the rationalization for piling so much hatred onto these people. Have I stumbled upon the Us Magazine blog?
Indeed. I wouldn't object to seeing her in the movie. Just as long as she isn't written in as a joke. That's... that's kinda why Kelly Osborne was in MWO. The cameos in TM were mostly added by the writers (they even seemed to add a snarky comment to Selina Gomez's part), and they were mostly organic. If Lindsay can be fitted in organically, and her appearance works, I'm all for it.

Lemme tell you, if there's a list of celebrities I would never want to see in a Muppet production, she wouldn't be on that list.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I didn't say she couldn't... I was referring to the past of course. I think she's seen the error of her ways, and she really does want to apply herself... but now, unfortunately she has that thing to follow her. She can do her best to try and put that all behind her, but our stupid TMZ culture will always label her with that.

I'm glad Paul Rubens was able to get past that one incident and went on to bring Pee Wee back, as well as having a wonderful career outside of that single character. Dude was Batmite in Brave and the Bold. The BEST Batmite there has ever been.

Indeed. I wouldn't object to seeing her in the movie. Just as long as she isn't written in as a joke. That's... that's kinda why Kelly Osborne was in MWO. The cameos in TM were mostly added by the writers (they even seemed to add a snarky comment to Selina Gomez's part), and they were mostly organic. If Lindsay can be fitted in organically, and her appearance works, I'm all for it.

Lemme tell you, if there's a list of celebrities I would never want to see in a Muppet production, she wouldn't be on that list.
I'd agree with that. This Lohan article is a likely ploy from her publicist to help get some buzz around her. I'd be offended by it, but instead I'm impressed that we're back to a time that being attached to the Muppets is seen to be buzz-worthy!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I still don't see the reason to pile-on these celebs.
I think people see celebs as the equivalent of the popular kids in High School who were treated like royalty for no reason and always seemed to get away with things.

And that's not too far off. They're basically treated like America's version of royalty and it is ridiculous.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I think people see celebs as the equivalent of the popular kids in High School who were treated like royalty for no reason and always seemed to get away with things.

And that's not too far off. They're basically treated like America's version of royalty and it is ridiculous.
I understand that and agree that these people should not be treated like royalty.

(by the way, the bulk of this post is not directed toward you)

My favorite quote about celebrities came from a celeb. Cyndi Lauper was once asked about her thoughts about several stars and shot back with a tongue-in-cheek remark that she "hated famous people" just so they would quit asking her stupid things.

There's a difference between some popular kid at school and a working professional. For Joseph to dismiss a singer and actress like Glee's Lea Michele because (for some ridiculous reason) he thinks she looks like Jenifer Garner is irrationally spiteful. This young woman has had a long career on stage and now one on television. She spent much of her childhood practicing and perfecting her craft while her peers were out playing.

Again, it's not like she's any better than us. She, like many other famous people, took a different path and worked really hard to achieve excellence in a chosen profession. A really brutal one at that. I can understand not enjoying or appreciating her talent or that of NPH. We all have different tastes. That doesn't mean we should tear down the people we don't like. Actors, like athletes, often have a small window of time to make the bulk of their living. That can lead to overexposure and it's rare for that to be avoided.

Anyway, it was the statements about Michelle and Harris that really got to me and is a major part of why I believe this forum too often becomes a pit of needless negativity. Certain members use this place like a dart board instead of a constructive sharing resource. Creative criticism is one thing, but cruel criticism is just not very Muppety.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Again, it's not like she's any better than us. She, like many other famous people, took a different path and worked really hard to achieve excellence in a chosen profession.
But at the same time there are many people who worked just as hard but just lacked one thing: luck. Celebs are professionals in their field and that's good but just because they hit it big doesn't mean they worked any harder than anyone else. There were indeed a million others who could have done just as well if they were in the right place at the right time. Plus a celeb owes much of their success to crew people, co-stars, studios, media and the public. Thing is that same media tries to make it look like it was all about that one celeb which is ludicrous.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
But at the same time there are many people who worked just as hard but just lacked one thing: luck. Celebs are professionals in their field and that's good but just because they hit it big doesn't mean there weren't a million others who could have done just as well. But that kind of perspective is ignored when it comes to how the media and public view celebs.
Of course, you're right. Luck plays a huge factor. So does opportunity. There are some who take advantage of these things, some who squander them and many who never get them. None of this gives any of us a moral right to judge these people as harshly as has been done on this thread. Especially not that irrelevant and dismissive comment about Michelle for resembling Garner. That is just so mean and weird. That's the point. That's what MC turns into all too often. A place to go to rip into people and things.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
None of this gives any of us a moral right to judge these people as harshly as has been done on this thread.
I'm on the fence. Obviously you shouldn't judge anyone too much because that takes time away from what you should be doing, judging yourself, hehe. But on the other hand, in some ways it's not that different from the Occupy Wall Street people protesting the fats cats. Celebs are insanely overpaid, over worshiped and suck up the attention from dedicated working actors who have to struggle while they entertain us. And I do think we'd be better off if the whole celeb machine was derailed, lol.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I'm on the fence. Obviously you shouldn't judge anyone too much because that takes time away from what you should be doing, judging yourself, hehe. But on the other hand, in some ways it's not that different from the Occupy Wall Street people protesting the fats cats. Celebs are insanely overpaid, over worshiped and suck up the attention from dedicated working actors who have to struggle while they entertain us. And I do think we'd be better off if the whole celeb machine was derailed, lol.
It's human nature to deify people for silly reasons. We can't change that by complaining about it. Heck, I wish we could. However, we can change our own behavior and how we allow these things into our own lives. I think celebs are overpaid. Hollywood does too. That's why more franchises are being created by hiring lesser-known people and locking them into multi-picture deals. Sometimes it works and other times it doesn't. But the fact remains, eventually they become big stars and demand ridiculous salaries. Audiences pay with their dollar. Ripping into these people from behind our keyboards doesn't really serve much except to feed the negativity.