The movie could have been even better (article)

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Right I mean that's the joke in The Muppet Movie, the idea that there could be a "Standard" Rich and Famous Contract. LOL
We never actually see the contract in TMM. That's one thing that got me annoyed, becuase then we see it in The Muppets.

Alvin

Reaction score
And the contract in The Muppets says they sign away the theater and the name...never gives any implementation of that in TMM.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
We never actually see the contract in TMM. That's one thing that got me annoyed, becuase then we see it in The Muppets.
And the contract in The Muppets says they sign away the theater and the name...never gives any implementation of that in TMM.
Wow I guess Orson Wells had more sinister plans than we thought! :wink:

beaker

Reaction score
Beaker, I should have known that after years of waiting for this movie, that when it came out, you would be ungrateful.

All you can do is complain about what was NOT in the film and say "the film could have been better"? Read that again out-loud.
That's gratitude for you.

This is nothing special, every movie ever made has had scenes cut out of the final product. Besides the running time, they most likely had other reasons for making the cuts.

It is what it is.

They could just have not made the movie at all, would you have liked that better? That way, you would not have anything to complain about, and you would not have had to experience any disappointment.

Its a good thing that Peter Linz said he is avoiding reading reviews.
LOL, Peter Linz is one of the most exciting assets going. His Walter character is a watershed moment...people had their doubts about Walter a year ago, but my goodness that little guy in the film and in youtube interviews is just very much amazing.

Also my title is "could have been better"...are you saying the film was 100% perfect in your eyes? To me when comparing it to the magic of the original films, I just do not see how that could be. The film contains a lot of amazing scenes, it just felt like something was off in parts. Now, the critics unanimously praised it, so that tells you that it did hit its mark with non fans. But as hardcore fans, we should be allowed to dissect it. It's definitely not an issue of being ungrateful. It's a film made for modern times that needed to be made.

Beauregard

Reaction score
No it couldn't have! The movie was perfect!
LOVE!

And also, having read the originally pitched script, my feelings are, "This movie could have been a lot WORSE!" I think that Jason, Bobin, the good folks behind the scenes at Disney, Pixar writers and probably Muppet-insider-on-staff-writers managed to make a revolutionary Muppet movie that blew away almost everyone's expectations.

Perhaps this movie can be like Terminator 2 and have new alternate versions released every few years with scenes added and taken away.

I think because I was more focused on the "Together Again" storyline and the "Pig/Frog Love" storyline, I wasn't to bothered by the patchy work on the "Oil Plot".

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
LOVE!

And also, having read the originally pitched script, my feelings are, "This movie could have been a lot WORSE!" I think that Jason, Bobin, the good folks behind the scenes at Disney, Pixar writers and probably Muppet-insider-on-staff-writers managed to make a revolutionary Muppet movie that blew away almost everyone's expectations.

Perhaps this movie can be like Terminator 2 and have new alternate versions released every few years with scenes added and taken away.

I think because I was more focused on the "Together Again" storyline and the "Pig/Frog Love" storyline, I wasn't to bothered by the patchy work on the "Oil Plot".
I was too!!! I love Kermit and Miss Piggy!! They were so cute in the movie!!! It's so nice to see in interviews now Kermit admitting him and Piggy have been together for a long time!!!

Drtooth

Reaction score
We don't know to what extent, but I'm sure Jim and Kirk guided them through the film. If nothing else, we have proof of their hand in the "Kermit wouldn't live in a mansion" part by, let's face it, a FAR better concept of a house Kermit and Piggy bought back during happier times that Kermit still maintains and holds onto singlehandedly. That's much more in tone with the Muppets and the overall movie than just a success spoiling Kermit tone.

Usually when you hear about movie changes, that's a very bad thing... the end of I Am Legend was destroyed by a test audience... Studio Meddling ruined Looney Tunes BIA (including a lost concept of Yakko, Wakko and Dot being in the water tower when it crashed). But in this case, it seems to have saved the film, and made it better. I hope Kirk and Jim guide Nick and James through this second film as well.