For OUR Convenience...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Indeed, and it focused a bit more on characters' issues as opposed to antics, but even that was something that slowly began to surface in Season Three like when Prawnie was sick of feeling like he was still in the shadow of That Announcer.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
After spending the last month reliving all 51 episodes of T*K*O, as well as the lengthly finale, and not just re-reading each of them, but studying them as well, there's pretty much only one thing I regret as head writer for this show...

De-evolving Vibs's character.

Even though she was our resident Joke Killer from the (not very) beginning, for the first two seasons, she at least had a serious side to her, but by Season Three, she became so one-dimensional, and all she did was just make bad puns at whatever situation had unfolded... even during the finale, all her lines were bad puns. :smirk:

I apologize Vibsy, wherever in the world you've run off to.

Bannanasketch

Reaction score
Due to the fact that the original T*K*O thread has been revived, I might as well bump this thread as well.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Most of my personal favorite episodes are the ones that were "different"... the ones that either took place outside the office, or were more experimental in the writing and such... I really loved my first absent episode, and Season Three really had some great stories, like MrsPepper being falsely arrested because of mistaken identity, or the camping trip, or the office burning down and having to be rebuilt. I also liked the gang's trip to Florida all because a former classmate of MrsPepper wanted her to repay him for borrowing his pen during an exam, as well as the episode in which she receives a letter saying a close friend of hers died and how guilty she felt because the last they saw of each other they weren't on good terms.

Good times.

Hubert

Reaction score
Wow, I just discovered these yesterday and am loving them. I just finished reading Season 1, and am going to start Season 2 sometime today. Great job.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So, since so many folks are getting into the series now, I have to ask, for those of you who have been going through this series for the first time, what are some of your favorite episodes?

Hubert

Reaction score
Well, I've really slowed down reading these, I have up to episode 23 read, but here are my favorites so far:

I really enjoyed the first two episodes, "The Recruit," and the "Workforce." I also really liked episode 11, "The Unkillable Thread," due to the fun ways in which the thread killers tried to kill the thread. In Season 2, "The Greatest Journal" was a fun one, because it didn't follow the normal layout of an episode, it was more just showing some personality of the characters. I really liked the setup of "Speaking Term," where instead of taking place in the office, it took place mostly on The Johnny Fiama Show. "Dontcha Just Love Holidays?" was also a favorite, I really liked the idea of the holiday themed episode. I can't wait to finish Season 2 and start season 3, which I hear is a really great season.

I feel really lucky that I found this whole series to start out with. I had seen the Thread Killers Organization mentioned a few times on the forum before, and I didn't really know (or care) what it was, and didn't feel like looking it up. Then I saw that it's thread was recently edited, so I checked it out and read the pilot (which by the way I also loved) and then I started looking for the episodes to start reading. If I never clicked on the thread that day, I may have never found it.

So, still really enjoying these, and can't wait to read further in the series. You did a great job!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Some more trivia for you guys, there's actually a small number of "lost episodes": stories that were planned for the series, some even as far as being completely written in detail, but were dropped for various different sound reasons or so. Such of these lost episodes include...

"The Ballad of D'Snowth" - A "musical" episode in which Vibs forms a makeshift band to sing of danger that D'Snowth got into with the cynical and arrogant populous of another forum (based on true events).
"The Inspector General" - Similar to the subplot of "D'Snowth Gets the Sack", only instead of Number One inspecting all TKO units, celebrity guest star Martin Mull is an Inspector General inspecting TKO units, and feels the 3976th 1/2 is far too ineffecient and plans to convince Number One to shut it down.
"Food Fight" - The thread killers 'conspire' to start bringing their own lunches to work, but are afraid of Beauregard finding out and unintentionally hurting his feelings.
"T*H*O" - As previously mentioned, episode 51 was originally going to serve as a pilot for a thread hijackers spin-off.
"Thanks for the Memories" - Another Episode 51 contender, in which MrsPepper reflects on her favorite memories at the 3976th 1/2, in the form of flashbacks and clips.

Hubert

Reaction score
Some more trivia for you guys, there's actually a small number of "lost episodes": stories that were planned for the series, some even as far as being completely written in detail, but were dropped for various different sound reasons or so. Such of these lost episodes include...

"The Ballad of D'Snowth" - A "musical" episode in which Vibs forms a makeshift band to sing of danger that D'Snowth got into with the cynical and arrogant populous of another forum (based on true events).
"The Inspector General" - Similar to the subplot of "D'Snowth Gets the Sack", only instead of Number One inspecting all TKO units, celebrity guest star Martin Mull is an Inspector General inspecting TKO units, and feels the 3976th 1/2 is far too ineffecient and plans to convince Number One to shut it down.
"Food Fight" - The thread killers 'conspire' to start bringing their own lunches to work, but are afraid of Beauregard finding out and unintentionally hurting his feelings.
"T*H*O" - As previously mentioned, episode 51 was originally going to serve as a pilot for a thread hijackers spin-off.
"Thanks for the Memories" - Another Episode 51 contender, in which MrsPepper reflects on her favorite memories at the 3976th 1/2, in the form of flashbacks and clips.
Yay! T*K*O trivia! The "Food Fight" episode sounds like it would have been especially good!

I also just thought I'd briefly mention (not trying to brag or anything) that this is my 100th post. :excited: I wanted to make sure that I made my 100th post in this thread.