TV Alert: Muppets on the Oscar Pre-Shows on E! and ABC

zoebell

Reaction score
they were so adorable on the red carpet, lol. well, the 20 seconds we got of them anyway

i wish they could have actually talked to someone, but i guess that's too hard

LouisTheOtter

Reaction score
I haven't seen the Kermit-and-Piggy red carpet bits but I really enjoyed Kermit and Darren Criss doing "Rainbow Connection" together (very cool that they kept it simple and just used one guitar). They played off each other really well before and after the song, too.

By the way...Seriously...Did any of us ever think that "Rainbow Connection" would be so prominent in the early 2010s'? Jim Henson tribute at Disney World, The Green Album, The Muppets, Oscar pre-show...how wonderful that this amazing song is touching a new generation!

DannyRWW: Kermit hasn't been on Glee (yet) but one of his signature songs has - supporting cast member Damian McGuinty sang "Bein' Green" back in November (did a great job of it too, if I do say so myself).

I'm glad that Kermit and Piggy got to do an introduction, but I was a little disappointed that they weren't presenting an Oscar as originally promoted. Still, I enjoyed the cameo (and Piggy's grumbling about being so far away from the stage) - and I'm sure everybody on this forum flashed back to the "Cirque du So Lame" scene from VMX...by coincidence, Matthew Lillard was actually at the Oscars, likely because of his role in The Descendants with George Clooney...

And, of course... "Man Or Muppet" won! THE MUPPETS HAVE THEIR FIRST ACADEMY AWARD! YEAH!!!

Katzi428

Reaction score
I'm ashamed to admit I didn't watch the Academy Award show.
dodging rotten fruit and all other rotten things OK!..OK..I'M SORRY!!!
But I'm EXTREMELY happy "Man Or Muppet" won!!!:excited::excited: If they had Kermit's excited flailing arm as a smiley down here 'd be posting it! (Thanks to Kevin/Fozzie here on MC he has Kermit doing his his crazy arm wave on Facebook. So THANKS Kev!)

Alvin

Reaction score
I missed Kermit and Piggy on the Red Carpet...saw his duet earlier doing Rainbow Connection....I actually saw someone post something on a site that said they were unhappy with the person doing Kermit...they said he was doing a dis-service to Jim Henson...so I jumped right in and let them have it! lol.....

Borples

Reaction score
I missed Kermit and Piggy on the Red Carpet...saw his duet earlier doing Rainbow Connection....I actually saw someone post something on a site that said they were unhappy with the person doing Kermit...they said he was doing a dis-service to Jim Henson...so I jumped right in and let them have it! lol.....
THANK you!! I saw that post, and I spent the entire time I was cooking dinner that night forming a cutting response in my head. :smile: But I knew I wouldn't get around to actually posting it. Glad you did!!

Alvin

Reaction score
Eh no problem it's what I do. What's a HUGE Muppet fan for if you can't stick up for em!