Surprising Celebrity Ages

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Are you ever sometimes surprised to learn how old certain celebrities are because they don't even look like their ages? Like young celebrities look MUCH older than they really are, meanwhile middle-aged celebrities seem much younger than what the calendars tell us... just some examples...

I was surprised to learn that both Lady Gaga and Rihanna are only in their early 20s, all this time, I assumed they were well into their 30s, normal people I know who are their age don't look nearly as old as they do, but then again, unlike Gaga and Rihanna, they don't live that hardcore celebrity lifestyle.

Likewise, it comes as surprise to me to know people like Jennifer Hudson, Michelle Williams, and Rachel McAdams are in their 30s... the latter *throws rocks at Beakie and Sarge* suddenly makes sense as to why it seems like Rachel McAdams suddenly went from playing teens to playing grown women, but I mean Jennifer Hudson looks so young, and Michelle Williams... well, she just looks like a little boy, somebody please tell her to eat some sandwiches and grow her hair out.

Of course then again, that paints a clear picture of the difference between celebrities who really don't care about their careers too awful much (case in point: Lindsay Lohan) and celebrities who actually do take care of themselves.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Are you ever sometimes surprised to learn how old certain celebrities are because they don't even look like their ages? Like young celebrities look MUCH older than they really are, meanwhile middle-aged celebrities seem much younger than what the calendars tell us... just some examples...

I was surprised to learn that both Lady Gaga and Rihanna are only in their early 20s, all this time, I assumed they were well into their 30s, normal people I know who are their age don't look nearly as old as they do, but then again, unlike Gaga and Rihanna, they don't live that hardcore celebrity lifestyle.

Likewise, it comes as surprise to me to know people like Jennifer Hudson, Michelle Williams, and Rachel McAdams are in their 30s... the latter *throws rocks at Beakie and Sarge* suddenly makes sense as to why it seems like Rachel McAdams suddenly went from playing teens to playing grown women, but I mean Jennifer Hudson looks so young, and Michelle Williams... well, she just looks like a little boy, somebody please tell her to eat some sandwiches and grow her hair out.

Of course then again, that paints a clear picture of the difference between celebrities who really don't care about their careers too awful much (case in point: Lindsay Lohan) and celebrities who actually do take care of themselves.
Michelle Williams will never cut her hair - she is keeping that way in honor of Heath Ledger who always liked her with short hair. Looking at it that way I think it's kind of sweet.

I was shocked to learn Jim Parsons is 38 - I thought he had to be maybe 30, or younger, but he's not.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I was shocked to learn Jim Parsons is 38 - I thought he had to be maybe 30, or younger, but he's not.
Really? 38? I would've assumed at least 28 or so. But then again, it's not uncommon for actors to play characters that are supposed to be quiet younger than they really are... wasn't Christine Taylor and what's her name (I can't think of it right now, embarrassingly) already in their 20s when they played Marcia and Jan in the Brady Bunch movies?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
But then again, it's not uncommon for actors to play characters that are supposed to be quiet younger than they really are
Right because hiring real teenagers is a drag, you have to make sure they go to school while filming, and they can only work for a certain amount of time, etc.

We tend to think 20 year olds in movies look realistic enough as teenagers. But interesting trivia, for Ferris Bueller's Day Off, John Hughes used actual teenagers as extras for the school scenes. When you compare them to how the main leads look in their 20s, the difference becomes very obvious.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Right because hiring real teenagers is a drag, you have to make sure they go to school while filming, and they can only work for a certain amount of time, etc.
Right, I'm aware of that, when I was an intern at PBS, doing odd little chore, ranging from being a gofer, to actually stage managing in some cases, I couldn't legally do any of that stuff for more than five hours a day because of child labor laws. Even on the commentary on The Cat in the Hat DVD, the director talked about how they filmed a lot of isolated scenes with just Mike Myers without the kids if they knew they wouldn't be seen on camera because of the child labor laws.
But interesting trivia, for Ferris Bueller's Day Off, John Hughes used actual teenagers as extras for the school scenes. When you compare them to how the main leads look in their 20s, the difference becomes very obvious.
Yes, but then again, John Hughes was a much better filmmaker than most anyway. :smile:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Right, I'm aware of that, when I was an intern at PBS, doing odd little chore, ranging from being a gofer, to actually stage managing in some cases, I couldn't legally do any of that stuff for more than five hours a day because of child labor laws.
Oh yeah I knew you knew, just wanted to add to the conversation, lol. That is awesome experience btw. :smile:

Even on the commentary on The Cat in the Hat DVD, the director talked about how they filmed a lot of isolated scenes with just Mike Myers without the kids if they knew they wouldn't be seen on camera because of the child labor laws.
Of course in my opinion they would have been better off not filming that monstrosity at all, hehe. :wink:

Yes, but then again, John Hughes was a much better filmmaker than most anyway. :smile:
Oh yeah I adore that film. It's just interesting to realize how we taken for granted the "20 year olds as teenagers" thing.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score

We tend to think 20 year olds in movies look realistic enough as teenagers. But interesting trivia, for Ferris Bueller's Day Off, John Hughes used actual teenagers as extras for the school scenes. When you compare them to how the main leads look in their 20s, the difference becomes very obvious.
Or in Grease!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Apparently Kanye West turned 35.

This is surprisingly to me, because he looks more like he's 25, and acts more like he's... well... 5.