Kermit and Miss Piggy to present award at Oscars

Status
Not open for further replies.

panmanthe2nd

Reaction score
i wonder if they'll do the red carpet. probably not, i guess it'd be too difficult, technically. unless somebody talks to them behind the scenes or something.

maybe they'll show up on jimmy kimmel's big oscar special he does after the show. i hope we get to see them somewhere other than just the stage, that'd be cool
Yes, that would be great!

wiley207

Reaction score
I wonder what award Kermit and Miss Piggy will present? The Academy's being pretty secretive about it!
I do kinda hope they do the animated awards. Lately, presenting the awards for Best Animated Film and Short have become incredibly boring. Here's a video from 1993 or 1994 with Bugs and Daffy presenting Best Animated Short:
Compare that to last year, when Justin Timberlake presented them. BO-RING!!!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I wonder what award Kermit and Miss Piggy will present? The Academy's being pretty secretive about it!
I do kinda hope they do the animated awards. Lately, presenting the awards for Best Animated Film and Short have become incredibly boring. Here's a video from 1993 or 1994 with Bugs and Daffy presenting Best Animated Short:

I already mentioned that performance somewhere else. They do NOT want to have fun with Best Animated Awards anymore, and do that once cute, now incredibly lame thing where the animated characters sit in the audience and they get some dull intro by someone completely uninterested. Even Toy Story characters presented something. And who could forget when Edna Mode of The Incredibles co-hosted the best costume design awards? Kermit and Piggy will bring back some much needed fun and magic they seldom seem to care about. Though, I agree with the Simpsons... Jack Black and Ben Stiller will have a bit that will NEVER end (and I love the both of them).

zoebell

Reaction score
ok, so apparently piggy and kermit are doing interviews with academy president tom sherak today to talk about the oscars, so everyone be on the lookout

obviously they're there for more publicity because no one wants to see tom sherak alone

zoebell

Reaction score
well, kermit says they're not exactly presenting, they're more like "introducing" something very special....huh. wonder what that means. i would think it was the song performance but since that's not happening, i wonder what it could be

Hubert

Reaction score
OK, there was an ad on TV for the Oscars, I missed it, but someone else I was watching it with said they saw it, and they showed a bunch of different people, including the Muppets, and the one they noticed was Sam the Eagle. Not certain if Sam was actually on it or not, but could it mean that Sam may be at the Oscars?

zoebell

Reaction score
that makes me wonder whether the muppets aren't actually doing some kind of performance after all. given what kermit said about how they're not really presenting an award but introducing something

panmanthe2nd

Reaction score
that makes me wonder whether the muppets aren't actually doing some kind of performance after all. given what kermit said about how they're not really presenting an award but introducing something
You might be right!

CountFan1998

Reaction score
Don't forget Mickey Mouse (and his 60th birthday tribute) at the 1988 Academy Awards! Poor Donald was upstaged for Tom Selleck!

Status
Not open for further replies.