No Oscar Performance?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Even if they did perform it, they'd find a way to screw it up somehow. Like having Not Jason Segal and Not the Muppets sing it because it's funnier if Andre Botacelli does.

Still, they're own fault for only nominating 2 songs. There's no reason that none of the other songs got nominated as well... at least "Life's a Happy Song."

The Academy has the usual bug up its butt about what they picked this year... I'm kinda glad Cars 2 got a righteous snub... but Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close... yeah. That's the kinda sad, sad story that's Oscar bait because Sad= art. I'm no Harry Potter fan, but I agree the last movie got severely snubbed.

Slackbot

Reaction score
There's still time for them to change their minds. I'm not expecting that, but it could happen.

Borples

Reaction score
People have been tweeting @TheAcademy about it, too. I don't know if it will help, but it can't hurt.

The thing is, I heard murmurings about the best songs not being performed back when the long list of potential nominees was announced. The decision may not have anything to do with there only being two nominees. Not that it matters; it's still a lousy decision. And it's a horrible disappointment that they would choose THIS year to make that change!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry, but I'm not signing the petition. Not because I don't want to see Man or Muppet performed at the awards, I do, rully I do. It's because I just clicked on the link to go to the petition and it kept clickety-clicking messing with my internet browser, pulling up blank windows that wouldn't stop until it did and then when I minimized/tried to close the non-relevant extra windows, I got a Windows Explorer "end program" message box that pretty much exited out of the petition window and FB windows I had set up to sign and then comment I'd done so.

So yeah... :grr: :grouchy: :attitude: :frown:
Have fun and hope the rest of you can make a Muppety difference. :smile: :jim: :stick_out_tongue:

DannyRWW

Reaction score
My worry now nis that because Muppet fans are griping so much they will give the Oscar to the other song out of spite :frown: