Should we have the Muppet Central Awards this year?

Should we have the Muppet Central Awards this year?

• Total voters

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well I have always felt that MC has so many people who have so much talent that they need to be recognized. If we really wanted to do something we could just use the time to let our creativity and love of Muppets really shine make it almost like a talent show instead of awards.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well I have always felt that MC has so many people who have so much talent that they need to be recognized. If we really wanted to do something we could just use the time to let our creativity and love of Muppets really shine make it almost like a talent show instead of awards.
That's something that could possibly work very well, if it's done right... I know we've actually attempted to have an MC Talent Show at least a couple of times, however, neigther of them were handled very well, so they turned out to be busts (I can attest to that, as the first one we tried to have, my contribution turned up missing).

Bannanasketch

Reaction score
I have a suggestion. I think that instead of doing Muppet Central forum awards, we should do our own Muppets themed awards. Categories could include "Best Movie", "Best Song", "Best Special", and so on. Anyone else like this idea?

Slackbot

Reaction score
Way back in the days of active ReBoot fandom I ran the URA 2001 (Unofficial Reboot Awards for 2001). 2000 had been the first one, and people loved it so much that when the original (anonymous) committee said they weren't going to do it again due to shifts in interest, I took it up. For the next 7 or 8 years various committees ran it, each putting their own spin on it.

It was not centered on one site, so there were awards for websites that contributed to the fandom - best design, best content, most original - and awards for fan fiction and fan art. We held nominations and then had a voting round, same as here, but when it came time to present the awards we had guest presenters, most of whom were stars in the fandom, do their presentations each in their own styles. (Some were even comics!)

I handled things very differently from how they've been done here in the past...but it sounds as if maybe some new ideas are needed to drum up interest rather than having another year of same-old, same-old. And, let me tell you, the URAs did drum up interest. Maybe there are some ideas there that could prove useful here.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
most definitely I would love to have all the Muppet websites /fandom work more together. Seems like there before the Muppetcast ended things started to split up, and I have always felt like we should work more together.
In a lot of ways MC was the only fan site that was strong because of it's forum, but times have changed and now with the other sites out there MC sometimes gets forgotten, and to me that is sad because we really are a family here.
MC has been around for 14 years and we should not only celebrate the members but the forum and the site as well. We have some great ideas, and I think if we combine them we could really have something different here, that could be better then ever.

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
I really liked the awards last year. I would be all for it again.

I remember at one point last year we had talked about seeing if anyone in the puppeteering area wanted to make videos of giving the awrds. I didn't know if anyone still liked that ide.a I just thought I'd mention it while we're throwing ideas around.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
the votes are dead even I still do not know what to do?