Youtuber taking others puppet work and claiming as own

Adam Kreutinger

Reaction score
This guy was bugging the heck out of me too. Asking me to make all of these puppets for him. he said he would send the money after he gets the puppets. yeah right. He is a strange guy. But not as strange as that guy with the "Carol Channing Snake Puppet" fetish. it still gives me the chills.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
I want to spread the word about this guy,
its a good call on your part like you said in the blog..someone who isnt even your friend could just see the name and think you

at the same time i feel that the real issue isnt just him but those around him...he seems to have some sort of disability...but i recently did talk to a family member of his and they dont seem to be pushing him in the right direction to really get his own puppetry skills going....or do they seem to care he is stealing stuff from others..the aunt i spoke tto even made it seem like it was nothing wrong he was doing.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
its a good call on your part like you said in the blog..someone who isnt even your friend could just see the name and think you

at the same time i feel that the real issue isnt just him but those around him...he seems to have some sort of disability...but i recently did talk to a family member of his and they dont seem to be pushing him in the right direction to really get his own puppetry skills going....or do they seem to care he is stealing stuff from others..the aunt i spoke tto even made it seem like it was nothing wrong he was doing.
Yeah, in his defense, it doesn't seem like he's necessarily stealing per se, he's just seeing what he likes and is working it to place it with his ideas. I used to do the same thing, that's how I ended up the two Russ Walko-built puppets I have. They are his designs, I just came up with personalities for them that work with what I want from out of them. Not that it's necessarily the most ethical thing to do, but it's unfortunate that his family doesn't seem to be helping him out. I'm sure his not a bad person, he just needs a push.

Alvin

Reaction score
The fact that his family doesn't seem to think he is doing anything wrong is kind of strange though....I mean really. I highly doubt he is doing a movie or a TV show to begin with. His BIG show was "supposed" to be on ABC in December. NO SHOW yet...

Animal31

Reaction score
The fact that his family doesn't seem to think he is doing anything wrong is kind of strange though....I mean really. I highly doubt he is doing a movie or a TV show to begin with. His BIG show was "supposed" to be on ABC in December. NO SHOW yet...
HaHa, think about this, you live with this guy, is it better to argue with him or just "yes" him to death??? He seems to be in his own little world right now, but maybe someday he will do something of his own?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Exactly. A name is very important, especially when your name is on your products, and your company, and I really would hate for my name to suddenly not be trustworthy because someone else with a very similar name, in the same field, is making a rather poor name for himself.

However, if he seriously isn't exactly all there, then I mean, I guess it's safe to assume that he really doesn't mean any harm, I'm sure he doesn't if that's the case, however, like you an dothers have said, people around him should at least people able to explain to him "it's not nice to steal from other people", y'know? I mean haven't we all, as youngens, basically took so much inspiration from those we admired to the pont that we would come up with "ideas" that really were basically and obviously just rip-offs of other people's work, only to have a parent, mentor, guardian, whoever, sort of give you a reality check, and a lesson on plagerism and such?

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
I mean haven't we all, as youngens, basically took so much inspiration from those we admired to the pont that we would come up with "ideas" that really were basically and obviously just rip-offs of other people's work, only to have a parent, mentor, guardian, whoever, sort of give you a reality check, and a lesson on plagerism and such?
Memories of writing Who Framed Donald Duck at age 9 are flooding back to me. :embarrassed: