Your Thoughts: The Muppets Original Soundtrack

What is your favorite song from The Muppets soundtrack?

• The Muppet Show Theme - The Muppets

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • Life's a Happy Song - Jason Segel, Amy Adams and Walter

Votes: 16 27.6%
  • Pictures In My Head - Kermit and The Muppets

Votes: 10 17.2%
  • Me and Julio Down By the Schoolyard - Paul Simon

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Rainbow Connection - The Moopets

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • We Built This City - Starship

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Me Party - Amy Adams and Miss Piggy

• Let's Talk about Me - Chris Cooper

• Man or Muppet - Jason Segel and Walter

Votes: 8 13.8%
  • Smells Like Teen Spirit - The Muppet Barbershop Quartet

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Forget You - Camilla and the Chickens

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rainbow Connection - The Muppets

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • The Whistling Caruso - Andrew Bird

• Life's a Happy Song Finale - Entire Cast

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Mahna Mahna - Mahna Mahna and The Two Snowths

• Total voters

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I am a little indifferent on the short dialogue tracks. At first I wondered why they didn't just make them parts of the tracks they introduce (and I still feel they should have done that, especially with Let's Talk About Me, Man or Muppet?, and The Whistling Caruso). I think it's good that they put dialogue tracks before the two non-Muppet songs. But then there are some that I feel are pointless, like the dialogue track before The Rainbow Connection, Sarah Silverman's cameo, and maybe Walter's dialogue before "Life's a Happy Song".

And before Smells Like Teen Spirit, there's a track that's really two tracks in one, Kermit saying "It's the Muppet telethon!" and introducing "Smells Like Teen Spirit". I know some of the other tracks cut out some dialogue, but here it's different. Kermit announcing the telethon should have gone before the theme song, and somehow I have a feeling it was going to but didn't. It makes sense to open the album with the theme song (though the theme didn't open the movie), and would be add if a dialogue track appeared before the first song (but then just make it part of the music track).

DarthGonzo

Reaction score
Wow, is anyone ever happy about anything here?

I can't get enough of the soundtrack and I don't see anything wrong with it. Why nitpick over silly things like dialogue tracks? It just doesn't make sense to me how everyone was going gaga over the movie and the soundtrack two months ago and now all of a sudden everyone is whining about the soundtrack or complaining about the upcoming DVD as if the deleted material resulted in a poor film.

I don't get it. Everyone here loved the movie. Many of you guys saw it multiple times. But now all I'm hearing is endless whining that the DVD better be an extended cut or include ALL the deleted scenes. It's starting to seem as if people are retroactively backpedaling on how they feel about the film out of a desire to have even more than they were given in the first place.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I don't get it. Everyone here loved the movie. Many of you guys saw it multiple times. But now all I'm hearing is endless whining that the DVD better be an extended cut or include ALL the deleted scenes. It's starting to seem as if people are retroactively backpedaling on how they feel about the film out of a desire to have even more than they were given in the first place.
I think some of it was fans' different expectations before the film. I was very skeptical of the movie but then was happily surprised with the final result because my expectations were so low. But I think other fans had much larger expectations for the film so the final result disappointed them a bit.

DarthGonzo

Reaction score
But a lot of people are literally acting like they'll boycott this release if they don't get all the deleted stuff that somehow only started to matter after they had already seen and enjoyed the movie multiple times in theaters.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
But a lot of people are literally acting like they'll boycott this release if they don't get all the deleted stuff that somehow only started to matter after they had already seen and enjoyed the movie multiple times in theaters.
Well some of them think the deleted scenes they've been hearing about will fix what they think are problems in the film.

Plus it is getting ridiculous how the industry is making it impossible to enjoy bonus features without buying a Blu Ray player in the middle of a recession.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score

I can't get enough of the soundtrack and I don't see anything wrong with it. Why nitpick over silly things like dialogue tracks? It just doesn't make sense to me how everyone was going gaga over the movie and the soundtrack two months ago and now all of a sudden everyone is whining about the soundtrack or complaining about the upcoming DVD as if the deleted material resulted in a poor film..
Actually the second I heard the soundtrack, I like the soundtrack, but I really wanted the score. The dialouge tracks were unnecessary, but I'm not gonna complain about those.
I just don't like it when they only release the songs from movies and not the score becuase sometimes the score is really good. Like in The Muppets, the score is Great!! Christopher Beck did a great job with the score and Disney should've released it.
I don't really want to complain about the soundtrack, but the DVD release thing is just ridicolous. There's other threads on this, so I'm not going to go into it now.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Well... There were some scenes I really wanted to see in the movie. I couldn't wait until the DVD came out so I could see all of them.
Then they decided to put them on the Blu_Ray. That's irritating for non-Blu-Ray owners.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Plus I mean I don't mind when people express their dissatisfaction for something. It's a heck of a lot more interesting than an entire board of:

"I loved this!"

"Yeah me too!"

"Me three!"

How riveting, lol.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I thought the average fan here was happy just as often as the average fan wasn't. Most of us were happy with the new movie.
DarthGonzo said:
I can't get enough of the soundtrack and I don't see anything wrong with it. Why nitpick over silly things like dialogue tracks?
I wasn't exactly complaining about them. I like most of them, but at the same time, it wouldn't have made a big difference to me if they weren't included.

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Uk iTunes soundtrack has TWO BONUS tracks? Olly Murs track from x-factor and rainbow connection by kermit only NEW recording by Steve!!

Chris