Best of Sesame Friends DVD

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I'm so excited! Too bad there's no Kermit clips there.

Edit to Add: While voting seems to focus onthe current main characters (I think Murray is the only current main character not included), this is impressive. So many segments I've wanted on DVD for awhile.... Admiral Bird, Spider-Monster, Oscar's Bein' Green, Cookies in Bed...

I wonder if this will be a two-disc set like "The Best of Sesame Street Spoofs!" (which when it was initially announced was titled "Best of Sesame Spoofs"). It'd be great if they'd allow write-in votes or if the site would update with more clips. Interestingly, it appears to be promoting voting for favorite characters more than clips. But it looks like you can vote for multiple clips and can vote for the same clips many times (just not multiple times a day). Today I voted for Alone in the Swamp, Admiral Bird, Spider-Monster, and Oscar's Bein' Green. I wonder if the winning clips will be part of the main program or if they'll be bonus clips, like how the winning clip from the amazon.com contest was included in 40 Years of Sunny Days as a bonus feature.

One thing that bothers me a bit is that so many clips from past releases are included to vote for, especially classics and especially recurring segments (though maybe they'll include multiple editions of recurring segments, especially if these are to be bonus clips). Still, it appears that Monsterpiece Theater: The 39 Stairs will be the version with the original intro/outro (if it wins), and hopefully if Super-Grover: Telephone wins it'll include the pre-title sequence cut from Old School Vol. 1 (it looks like sesamestreet.org doesn't even include the full pre-title sequence).

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I wonder if this will be a two-disc set like "The Best of Sesame Street Spoofs!" (which when it was initially announced was titled "Best of Sesame Spoofs"). It'd be great if they'd allow write-in votes or if the site would update with more clips. Interestingly, it appears to be promoting voting for favorite characters more than clips. But it looks like you can vote for multiple clips and can vote for the same clips many times (just not multiple times a day). Today I voted for Alone in the Swamp, Admiral Bird, Spider-Monster, and Oscar's Bein' Green. I wonder if the winning clips will be part of the main program or if they'll be bonus clips, like how the winning clip from the amazon.com contest was included in 40 Years of Sunny Days as a bonus feature.
Seeing as though there's 12 characters and you approx. 2 minutes per one sketch for each of them, that's barley half-an-hour. I would saw that either: A. they'll have two or so segments for each characters on one full disc, or two discs, six characters on each.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Seeing as though there's 12 characters and you approx. 2 minutes per one sketch for each of them, that's barley half-an-hour. I would saw that either: A. they'll have two or so segments for each characters on one full disc, or two discs, six characters on each.
I'm hoping there'll be more characters included (Kermit, Roosevelt Franklin, Biff and Sully, Murray, Herry), or some clips already decided on that aren't votable (if that's a word). You never know.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I still refuse to get a facebook page on the grounds that you need one to vote.

Still, this a cute idea with a lot of potential, but I just want something that's all classic based. Something with actual episodes.

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
I am actually over the moon with delight about this.
Finally, stuff from both MY childhood and from now that I adore that I can have a say in. Suffice to say, I am definately buying this.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It says "view and vote", but it doesn't actually provide clips or links to the clips, just images and descriptions. Most of the stuff nominated can be viewed at sesamestreet.org, and everything else can be viewed on YouTube (for now...). Considering this, I'm glad they didn't nominate anything really rare. It'd be annoying if they nominated something none of us have access to (especially not in english) and then it didn't get enough votes to be included.

Noticed that it lumps four clips for each character, even though many characters are in multiple clips. I find it odd that "The 39 Stairs" is listed under Cookie Monster instead of Grover. Yeah, Cookie's in it, but Grover's really the star.

The nominated stuff I'm really interested in are the Big Bird, Snuffy, and Oscar clips, even though most of the nominated Big Bird ones have been released on DVD.

zns

Reaction score
Looks pretty good. I wouldn't mind buying a copy for myself. Let's see how it turns out. :wisdom::stick_out_tongue::frown:

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
Ah man, I wanna vote for all four Zoe clips to make it in.
Muppet fan problems.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I still refuse to get a facebook page on the grounds that you need one to vote.
You know, that's the reason I got a facebook back in 2008, because Sesame Workshop allowed fans to nominate clips for "40 Years of Sunny Days". I think I nominated the second-largest number of clips. And only nine were included on that DVD.

One thing interesting is that after voting for a clip, you get an option to share something to your wall (though you can cancel) saying that the clip you voted for is your favorite clip. With so many clips, I don't really want to be seen saying that one particular clip is my favorite, and while it has stuff that should have been on video ages ago, I don't think very many of my biggest favorites are nominated here (I should look at the "top 41 Sesame Street Moments" article I wrote for The Muppet Mindset and see if any of those clips are nominated here).