The RHLC!

Puckrox

Reaction score
If Richard was still living, I could see him doing more directing and performing his characters. Same thing with Jim (although I think Jim would be more involved with the Jim Henson Company).
I agree completely. I think the Henson Company would be producing some shows that are a bit more on the successful side if Jim were still here, and I definitely think Richard would be directing and definitely still performing.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
And to quote Elmo when it came to working with Richard:
"It was torture! Elmo doesn't like opera! Elmo doesn't like tuna fish sandwiches and Schweppes Ginger Ale. Elmo doesn't like any of those things! But for some reason, when he was working Elmo, Elmo was motivated to love those things!
That's great because I love tuna sandwiches and Ginger Ale, lol. So Richard and I have something else in common, and Elmo and I are further apart. Sounds about right to me! :wink:

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
I like opera and ginger ale, but I can't much say that I fancy tuna fish sandwiches. Oh, well, as Meat Loaf once sang, "two out of three ain't bad." :wink:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I like opera and ginger ale, but I can't much say that I fancy tuna fish sandwiches. Oh, well, as Meat Loaf once sang, "two out of three ain't bad." :wink:
I was actually thinking the other day, ever notice how we often say "tuna fish?" It's weird when you think about it. I mean isn't that understood? After all we don't say "salmon fish" or "trout fish." Hehe

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Has anyone seen this page? You guys have to see the 4th and 5th photos down.

http://effyeahmuppetperformers.tumblr.com/

About the 5th photo, love this quote (and the photo itself, it's so wonderfully late '60s, lol):

1969: Richard Hunt was the best friend anyone could have. Lucky me! He was extremely camera-shy and insecure about his looks when we first met and refused repeatedly to have his picture taken. One day, coming back from photographing a rehearsal for my Yale production of “The Fantasticks”, I noticed that there was apparently no more film left in my camera. “Okay” Richard said “now you can take my picture !” We were both surprised when the camera responded as if it was loaded—and this is the result, a rare photo of the future Muppet star clowning around in front of an ice cream truck. Twenty years later at his family Christmas dinner I gave him a framed copy of this picture. And he gave me enough happy memories to last a lifetime. - Stuart Fischer

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I just love that photo!
You know the first time I saw it I actually did a double take, I didn't realize it was him, lol. You don't see him with that kind of smile too often in photos. I guess it was kind of bashful as the quote says, hehe. :wink:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
The Right Reverend Ritchie Hunt....LOL. I love this picture so much!!
Just a head's up, if you haven't read the Memoirs of a Muppet Writer book yet, Amazon has a preview of the chapter on Richard which talks about his brief role as Reverend, lol. You just have to click on the Look Inside graphic and scroll down the index to Chapter 42. Really nice stuff! One page is missing from the preview so there is still reason to buy the book, hehe.

http://www.amazon.com/Memoirs-Muppets-Writer-somebody-actually/dp/0615495583