What's in store for the Muppets in 2012 article

DannyRWW

Reaction score
It's too bad they never reprinted the 1978 illustrated Muppet Show book, as that was some of the most beautiful renditions I've seen. But yeah, the Boom comics were special in that they were done well and we got so many of them
I've got that book. Someone found it at a thrift shop for me. It really does have some nice illustrations in it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
So true. A few years ago everyone was dogging on Landgridge's style, and I was one of the few going "wait a second, this is actually a pretty fresh and inventive take that works." NOW everyone loves it, but originally very few seemed to be ok with it.
Langridge has slowly become one of my favorite comic book artists... and not even for the Muppet Show either. I strongly recommend Snarked. It has a wonderful old school Thimble Theater (the Popeye comics when they were GOOD) quality to them, but somehow more modern. I also thumbed through "The Show Must Go On" at a bookstore yesterday. Now that's something I'm going to have to pick up when I get the money and find it again.

I've been reading licensed character comics for years, and the Muppet Show/Muppet Classics rank very high, if not the top of that heap. The only other ones I'd say are that great are the Archie Sonic line (as well as Mega Man), and maybe Boom's Darkwing Duck line. I don't count the old Carl Barks/Don Rosa Scrooge McDuck comics. But I've seen crap come out, even of my favorite characters. There were Ren and Stimpy comics where the artist literally pulled faces out of the style guide. Didn't even trace them... just copied them.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
You're absolutely right. These characters are ALIVE.
As weird and bad as the mo-cap is, it WAS for this Tin-Tin too, that was the least of its problems. Bad story and storytelling. Uninvolved, passive protagonist. Seemingly unending action scenes. Bad pacing. It felt like the director was playing with his new toys and forgot that he was supposed to be entertaining his audience and telling a story. Blecch! i want MY freekin MONEY BACK!! :attitude:

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
As weird and bad as the mo-cap is, it WAS for this Tin-Tin too, that was the least of its problems. Bad story and storytelling. Uninvolved, passive protagonist. Seemingly unending action scenes. Bad pacing. It felt like the director was playing with his new toys and forgot that he was supposed to be entertaining his audience and telling a story. Blecch! i want MY freekin MONEY BACK!! :attitude:
Don't know how to respond to that; we were watching different movies. Sorry you felt that way.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's literally the BEST thing Steven Spielberg did in years. Almost 1980's Spielberg quality. If only Indiana Jones 4 were more like it.

Misskermie

Reaction score
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! They're working with the muppets more! YaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaYZ!