Will Sesame Street produce another movie for theaters?

mo

Reaction score
That's what I thought when they came out with the new Super Grover. That would be a good movie. BUT, to me it would need to be more...serious...than goofy...I mean yeah Super Grover is clumsy and goofy...but I don't know...it would take a good script and cast.
I agree. when i was thinking about it i relised it would need to be a little serious. which would be hard for a character like grover.:super:

Drtooth

Reaction score
That's what I thought when they came out with the new Super Grover. That would be a good movie. BUT, to me it would need to be more...serious...than goofy...I mean yeah Super Grover is clumsy and goofy...but I don't know...it would take a good script and cast.
The problem is getting that seriousness to work organically. I could see a Super Grover movie being a Naked Gun type deal that doesn't need those tender moments, and if it did, they'd be sarcastic... but the Scary Movie and spinoff franchise totally ruined that kind of film for everyone. Still, you have to wonder if a parody super hero movie will be welcomed with open arms as a refreshing slap to the other mainstream super movies, or will it just flop into the pile? Of course, being a kid's movie, I'm sure it would get different treatment.

Still, the movie needs to be an ensamble piece no matter who's the star of it. EIG wasn't the ensamble piece FTB was, and it just didn't click the same way... though it was fairly ensamble... still, I wish Oscar didn't spend most of the movie in grouch jail. Had Oscar been pardoned or excused and went off to find Elmo himself, I feel the film would have been that much better.

mo

Reaction score
there are actually a lot of unexplored sesame street movie ideas:smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'd wonder if the Classic Retelling bit would work for them. I never saw CinderElmo, so I can't comment on that. Something where one of the main characters (and it's probably going to be Elmo) plays the lead, some celebrity humans play bit roles, and the rest of the cast is in supporting roles.

mo

Reaction score
I'd wonder if the Classic Retelling bit would work for them. I never saw CinderElmo, so I can't comment on that. Something where one of the main characters (and it's probably going to be Elmo) plays the lead, some celebrity humans play bit roles, and the rest of the cast is in supporting roles.
yeah your probably right, but don't you think they will create a better monster to upstage elmo?

panmanthe2nd

Reaction score
I like the "Super Grover" and "Around the World in 80 Days" ideas.
It would be great if they did do a new Sesame Street movie.

beaker

Reaction score
I want to see one made. There's real potential in a new Sesame Street theatrical film. But they'd have to play a more nostalgic angle than Elmo in Grouchland did if they hope to have anyone over the age of 2 willingly go to one. EIG is a deceivingly good film, though it had a lot of problems.

But even Follow that Bird, the film everyone likes better, didn't gross that much. Adjusted, FTB did outgross FMS, but only by like 4 mil... EIG is one of the worst grossing Muppet/Henson films... only doing a couple thousand more than Buddy. BUT both movies did their business when they hit home video. That means we'd be more likely to see more DTV projects in the future. I really want to see a bigger budget Sesame Street project with a LOT of exterior shots, and a theatrical film's the only way we'd get that.

If we have a good, solid, gimmick free script that doesn't just center around Elmo, there's some potential.
Dude...they should make it like Muppets Take Manhattan. I mean I know I LOVVVE all the Murray and Ovejita skits when theyre walking around NY burroughs. I couldnt contain my excitement for a film like that!! :smile: