Why isn't Skeeter a Muppet?

beaker

Reaction score
The fact there is no modern day Skeeter ala Skeeter in the comics PROVES how lame brained Disney is. Let's see, a brash spunky unique FEMALE Muppet character who would appeal to tween/teen girls and the hot topic crowd? Hello!

I can't imagine why any Muppet fan would not want to see a teen/college aged version of her. She is EXACTLY what the Muppets need right now. There's like what, two Muppet female characters these days? Piggy and Janice, who rarely speaks or is even seen. And "Poogy"...not quite the best character.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I severely doubt Disney's to blame here... and I really doubt Jason and the rest read that exact comic arc, especially with intent to add another new character into the movie (they shoved too much into that film already). Even if they did decide to add her in, that wouldn't have been the project to introduce her. That needs either a new TV series or another movie to work.

Skeeter was treated as a Muppet Babies only character since Jim Henson's day, and I doubt they'd ever have added her into anything else then, now, or ever. I'm shocked they managed to put her in the comics to begin with.

Like I said earlier, even if we did get Skeeter, it'd be just a girl Scooter they'd use once or twice and then completely abandon. It took Roger and Amy to create the character, and the probabilities of her getting added would be the same as them adding Ninja Rogers or Clint Wacky. She's treated as a comic book only character, and she'll likely just be a comic book character. Sure, we'd LOVE to see her retconned into the Muppet canon, but it's not going to happen. Jim Henson didn't do it, why would Jim Lewis? They seem heckbent to separate the character from the rest of the Muppets with some crazy backstory... and that's the way it was and will be.

And I have to admit... when was there ever a strong, permanent female role model in the Muppets other than Piggy and Janice? All the women characters I remember lasted barely a season... Gladys, Miss Mousy, Wanda, Hilda, Mildred, Vicky on the Jim Henson hour... not exactly permanent fixtures. The stronger females were always in Sesame Street and especially Fraggle Rock. Sure, it would be fun to have some new female characters, but they never manage to stick around long.

bingboingcutie

Reaction score
What would be nice, if she's ever included, is to imply that she is the reason Piggy could stand up to her frog for the first time in decades in Paris. It's not hard to imagine a frank "girl talk" scene where Skeeter says she was never really after Kermit, just wanting to get Piggy and Kermit to admit they loved one another (and tweaking Piggy was fun, heeheehee),
That is a good idea! I say just get rid of the whole rivalry and give her something funny about her character and she could become one of the Muppets.

Skeeter 2 B

Reaction score
Ok, for all you Skeeter fan's out there. Skeeter is about to make the leap into Live action. My custome made Skeeter is almost done. A good friend of mine made her for me, and did a FANTASTIC job. I should have her soon, and once I do I'll be sure to post plenty of finished photos of her here, but for now here's a sneak peek.

http://jwswickedpuppetfactory.blogspot.com/2011/12/finishing-up-2011.html

bingboingcutie

Reaction score
Ok, for all you Skeeter fan's out there. Skeeter is about to make the leap into Live action. My custome made Skeeter is almost done. A good friend of mine made her for me, and did a FANTASTIC job. I should have her soon, and once I do I'll be sure to post plenty of finished photos of her here, but for now here's a sneak peek.

http://jwswickedpuppetfactory.blogspot.com/2011/12/finishing-up-2011.html
Aww, she's adorable!! Someone needs to put her on and create a new Muppet character (or rather, an old one). How was the face made??

Skeeter 2 B

Reaction score
Someone needs to put her on and create a new Muppet character (or rather, an old one).
Oh I will, I'm personally going to be working with Skeeter, even if it only gets as far as You Tube Vidos. Thou, I'm not sure she going to like me so much, I'm kind of a "Nerd" myself. Me and my friend have 10 puppets between the 2 of us. We've set up a small set and camera in our house and are curently working on a few scrips. As always once i have something I'll post it here. :excited: