TV Alert: Muppets at Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Christmas Day don't miss the Muppets on the annual broadcast of the "Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade" on ABC at noon eastern, 11 am central.

After you watch the appearance, post here and share your thoughts.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Justin Bieber, Jennifer Hudson, Cee Lo Green, The Muppets and More Highlight Walt Disney World Resort Taping of ‘Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade’ TV Special for ABC

Last Friday and Saturday, the Magic Kingdom Park wished upon more than a few stars, as some of the top names in entertainment taped performance segments for the “Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade” that will air December 25 on ABC-TV in the U.S., in Canada on the CBC network and in 177 countries around the globe on the American Forces Network (AFN).
Last month, Disney Parks Blog author George Savvas recapped the tapings that took place at Disneyland Resort for the holiday special. With the Walt Disney World Resort tapings now complete, we only have a few weeks to wait until the show is wrapped in a bow and presented to viewers on Christmas Day.

Worldwide singing sensation Justin Bieber had plenty of fans “Beliebing” in magic, as he performed a medley of tunes from his new, smash-hit holiday album.

Jennifer Hudson, a former Disney Cruise Line performer who has taken the entertainment world by storm by winning an Academy Award and GRAMMY Award in her young career, also performed a holiday medley. Her performance, backed by a choir, will bring this year’s telecast to a celebratory close.

Everyone’s favorite balcony-sitting curmudgeons, Statler and Waldorf, make a special appearance on the telecast at the Magic Kingdom Park. They will be perched high above Main Street, U.S.A., offering their unique brand of commentary on the parade below.

Kermit the Frog wore his holiday best scarf for the occasion, and remarked that he loves to vacation in Central Florida not only to visit Walt Disney World Resort, but also to visit some of the best swamps he’s ever seen. Here, he poses during the taping with Disney Channel stars Bella Thorne and Zendaya — from hit show “Shake It Up” — who perform a high-energy dance number during the TV special.

Soulful singer Cee Lo Green performed ”This Christmas,” and then had a chance to meet one of our favorite holiday pals, Pluto (complete with reindeer antlers).

Direct from the hit Broadway musical, “Mary Poppins,” Mary Poppins and Bert made a supercalifragilisticexpialidocious holiday appearance during the taping.

Actor Mario Lopez, who is one of the parade’s hosts this year, had the chance to visit with some very “pup-ular” celebrities, the canine stars of the upcoming “Treasure Buddies” film. The film, the latest in the “Buddies” series, will soon be available on Disney DVD and Blu-ray.

The Never Land Pirate Band makes its parade debut this year, with the buccaneer band performing an original, pirate-themed holiday tune.
The 28th Annual “Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade” airs Christmas Day on ABC-TV at the following scheduled times.
  • New York, Philadelphia, Chicago, Houston, and Raleigh: 10 a.m. – Noon
  • Eastern Time Zone: Noon – 2 p.m.
  • Central Time Zone: 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
  • Mountain Time Zone: 10 a.m. – Noon
  • Pacific Time Zone: 9 a.m. – 11 a.m.
  • Hawaii Time: 7 a.m. – 9 a.m.
For more information on the parade telecast, check back here for updates and also visit disney.com/christmasparade. We hope you’ll join us December 25th for this Christmas Day television tradition!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...arks-christmas-day-parade-tv-special-for-abc/

beakerboy12

Reaction score
"Best swamps he's ever seen"... sounds like a nudge to Paradise Swamps...

Bannanasketch

Reaction score
I hope there's video of this out soon. My TV isn't working so I can't watch it. :frown:

KirbTreelo05

Reaction score
I can't believe I missed this thing! I watch the parade every year! ;_;

DannyRWW

Reaction score
I loved the Muppets on this (not enough of them mind you...and I missed the last half hour). Gonzo jumping over the castle was great and Kermit trying to pass off Piggy for New Years was funny also. Loved everything with Statler and Waldorf. Must of been neat being there and watching the two old coots through out the Parade.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I loved the Muppets on this (not enough of them mind you...and I missed the last half hour). Gonzo jumping over the castle was great and Kermit trying to pass off Piggy for New Years was funny also. Loved everything with Statler and Waldorf. Must of been neat being there and watching the two old coots through out the Parade.
I missed the last half hour as well. I was wondering if the other Muppets besides Kermit, Waldorf and Statler would appear. I was sort of expecting the Great Gonzo since he was shown at the beginning. I'll have to search for that appearance online. Maybe Dave and Steve were the only Muppeteers available for this which is why the other characters didn't show up. Just some food for thought.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
i watched it and LOVED it :boo: & :sleep: were funny as always...i was lucky enuff to record it!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I missed most of it. Mainly because I thought it was on earlier than noon, and then sort of forgot about it watching Secret of Nihm on another channel. But I liked what I saw, Statler and Waldorf commenting on stuff, Gonzo in his Water skiing outfit jumping over the castle...