"The Muppets" What were you half expecting

Puckrox

Reaction score
I was expecting, on my second viewing, for my little cousin to be well behaved and to not show me how should count to ten while I was trying to emotionally connect to Kermit while he sang "Pictures in My Head".

I thought wrong.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
After seeing one review which mentioned that the fart shoes gag had some sort of payoff, I expected the shoes to end up making Tex Richman laugh for the first time ever. The "payoff" didn't seem like much of one, just another use of the gag (the movie junior novel actually mentions both fart shoes scenes, which don't really advance the plot).

And like others have said I expected Statler and Waldorf to help save the Muppets in the end (even before I read the movie junior novel, which had them tossing a dollar towards the Muppets).

And I was expecting a bit more dialogue from Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem and Bunsen and Beaker. They all appear quite a bit in the film, but dialogue is limited. Janice hardly has any lines (I've noticed she had two short bits of dialogue), and I don't recall Zoot saying anything at all. And I expected the other Moopets (besides Miss Poogy) to have a bit of dialogue and introduciton.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
After seeing one review which mentioned that the fart shoes gag had some sort of payoff, I expected the shoes to end up making Tex Richman laugh for the first time ever. The "payoff" didn't seem like much of one, just another use of the gag (the movie junior novel actually mentions both fart shoes scenes, which don't really advance the plot).
In other words, the entire joke was a waste, lol. I'm just glad it was brief. :wink:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I was expecting, on my second viewing, for my little cousin to be well behaved and to not show me how should count to ten while I was trying to emotionally connect to Kermit while he sang "Pictures in My Head".

I thought wrong.
Lol actually that sounds like one of those classic Sesame Street sketches with the Muppets are trying to get the kids to focus, lol.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
You know, I was sort of expecting more photos of Muppets in the "Pictures in my Head" sequence. It seems odd for there to not be pictures of Bunsen and Beaker, Rowlf, or Scooter (or Pepe or Lew Zealand or Sweetums or Sam or Rizzo or....).

Puckrox

Reaction score
You know, I was sort of expecting more photos of Muppets in the "Pictures in my Head" sequence. It seems odd for there to not be pictures of Bunsen and Beaker, Rowlf, or Scooter (or Pepe or Lew Zealand or Sweetums or Sam or Rizzo or....).
You know, now that I think about this, I was expecting this too. I was surprised there were only four pictures. I also expected this song to be longer.

Writersright

Reaction score
  • I was expecting the barbershop bit to be a sketch, not a song (awesome cover btw)
  • I was also expecting some classic sketch to be performed during the telethon but I can see why they didnt. (pacing)
  • I was expecting more Pepe.
  • I was expecting it to last shorter.
  • Like others mentioned, I expected pictures during the Pictures in my head song.
  • I also expected the soundtrack to be much worse.

blackaerin

Reaction score
I was hoping like crazy that the Electric Mayhem would have their own song.
If the chickens get to have an act, why not the Electric Mayhem?
Or at least have them performing We Built This City instead of relying on a tape player/radio.

Definitely agree with more Bunsen/Beaker and Electric Mayhem screentime.
Like couldn't Bunsen have devised a giant nuclear potato battery when the power got cut? And I was so looking forward to Janice spouting her awkward one liners.
Surprisingly, I think Gonzo got a bit overshadowed too. And is it just me, or does he seem kinda mellow this movie?

I was also expecting more pictures in the Pictures in my Head song. But it was still a lovely song, so I can let that slide.

Was expecting an even grander finale to the end of the "show", like a medley with Life's a Happy Song, Man or a Muppet, and/or a revised version of Pictures in my Head (but happier with Kermit singing how he's back with his friends).
They already had the majority of the cast onstage, they've already overcome their problems, they're feeling confident if a little pressed for time, they just finished the crowning song of nostalgia, why not go out with an even bigger bang?
Walter's whistling really didn't impress me at all, certainly not enough for an entire theater standing ovation.

I was expecting more Rizzo, Pepe, Clifford, but most of all Robin.
Personally, I think the movie would've worked just as well if Robin had been the guy to bring the Muppets together and find his one true talent. It would've been a wonderful character development for him and we wouldn't have to deal with the awkward "new character".

Drtooth

Reaction score
It really seems the problem is there was too much in the movie that didn't make it into the final product. This probably included more scenes with other characters.

But if you think about it, Rizzo's first big movie was MTM. Even in GMC he was basically a background character that had one line in a song. Then again, MTM was basically the rise of the the character of Rizzo. Maybe because he was basically one of the main characters in the past 3 theatrical films, we just came to accept him as one of the main characters.

Still, I can't say I'm totally disappointed that the EM didn't get their own song. Shame they didn't, and it WAS up for consideration. My Morning Jacket actually wrote a couple potential EM songs that didn't make the movie.

Reevz1977

Reaction score
If you'd asked me when it was first announced what I was expecting, truth be told, I would have replied "an abomination!" - thank Disney® I was wrong!! I really expected Disney® to drop the ball on this one and although I really like Jason Segel, I really didn't think he'd have much in the way of influence at the house of mouse!