Boober's best moments

mostlikemokey

Reaction score
I think Boober is often misunderstood, so I've started this thread for him. His character is a little mysterious, hence my trying to flesh him out in my fanfic. Is he really as dismal as he seems? What is your favorite Boober moment? If he's your favorite character, why? I appreciate your thoughts!:sigh:

DramaQueenMokey

Reaction score
Well, my favorite Boober moment isn't actually on Fraggle Rock, its him during Muppet Family Christmas where he tell the rest of the fraggle 5 not to touch Kermit and Robin because they are probably germ infested or something like that and a short while after that, he gives Robin the pebble that Mokey just gave him and it kind of redeems him from the whole 'calling our 2 favorite frogs' germ infested.

Mokey is probably my favorite fraggle, but, Boober comes in at a close second mainly because, although he can be viewed as very cynical, he's just trying to be realistic and I can really connect with him because of that very thin line between his cynicism and views on reality. Plus, he's so tiny and his fears of germs just makes you want to grab and hug him even more, doesn't it :excited: ? (or is that just me...)

Collgoff

Reaction score
I like in the episodes when Boober acts so brave!:sigh::smirk::coy::excited::dreamy::drool::busy:

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I think that my favorite Boober moment is in Pebble Pox Blues, when he overcomes his fear of germs and helps nurse Wembley back to relative health out in the caves. It definitely shows that he's got a heart of gold beneath that dismal and cynical exterior.

Plus, I'll admit, I think he's the cutest of the five fraggles.

Perlezerey8

Reaction score
I loved Boober in "You Can't Do That Without a Hat".

Wembley may be my favorite,but Boober is so adorable.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Oh, where to start...

In Playing Till it Hurts Boober is in medic mode, and actually brings Red momentarily to heel. I love the scene in which he loses his temper at her.

In Boober's Dream we meet his alter ego, Sidebottom. Sidebottom is Boober's repressed fun side. We see how goofy Boober can be, and how he fights against this tendency within himself, but eventually he accepts it. This theme is continued in Boober's Quiet Day.

In Scared Silly Boober goes around scaring people to test their baloobiuses. Wembley tries to get back at him, and fails. The chemistry between the two is wonderful. A very funny ep.

In Marooned Boober and Red are trapped in a rockslide and face the possibility of their own deaths. Red, helpless for once, gives in to fear, and Boober has to be strong and calm for her. Very poignant and sweet. There's a similar theme in Pebble Pox Blues, in which Boober has to overcome his terror of disease to care for Wembley.

In Blanket of Snow, Blanket of Woe Boober cooks up lots of soup. His role is small, but significant: he happily makes soup to pour on the Trash Heap in an effort to revive her.

For me, Boober's crowning moment came in The River of Life. Everyone is poisoned by the chemical waste in the water. Everyone except Boober, who has a sense of smell sensitive enough to detect the waste (and who also has never been seen to swim). He has to try to save the entire colony from death. He forces himself to go up to the hole to outer space to "beg and grovel" for the lives of his friends. The sight of him kneeling as if in prayer in front of the hole, pleading to an empty room, always brings tears to my eyes. He succeeds in saving them by returning Matt's postcards to appease the Outer Space creatures, which proves their existence to Doc.

So, yes, Boober is a very worthy character. On the surface he may seem like a downer, but he can call on inner strength when it is most needed. Not to mention that he takes pride and pleasure in cooking, laundry, and medicine, three very valuable skills!

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
Mine's a little weird. It's when we first hear the medley of all the Fraggles' songs, and as they're all singing, Boober - who took a backseat throughout the episode - comes out and just sings this awkward little ditty that goes "ha HA ha!"

I've always loved that. People have felt shafted that Boober (nor Wembley) never got a Minstrels episode of their own, but that one moment was wonderful.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Oh, where to start...

In Playing Till it Hurts Boober is in medic mode, and actually brings Red momentarily to heel. I love the scene in which he loses his temper at her.

In Boober's Dream we meet his alter ego, Sidebottom. Sidebottom is Boober's repressed fun side. We see how goofy Boober can be, and how he fights against this tendency within himself, but eventually he accepts it. This theme is continued in Boober's Quiet Day.

In Scared Silly Boober goes around scaring people to test their baloobiuses. Wembley tries to get back at him, and fails. The chemistry between the two is wonderful. A very funny ep.

In Marooned Boober and Red are trapped in a rockslide and face the possibility of their own deaths. Red, helpless for once, gives in to fear, and Boober has to be strong and calm for her. Very poignant and sweet. There's a similar theme in Pebble Pox Blues, in which Boober has to overcome his terror of disease to care for Wembley.

In Blanket of Snow, Blanket of Woe Boober cooks up lots of soup. His role is small, but significant: he happily makes soup to pour on the Trash Heap in an effort to revive her.

For me, Boober's crowning moment came in The River of Life. Everyone is poisoned by the chemical waste in the water. Everyone except Boober, who has a sense of smell sensitive enough to detect the waste (and who also has never been seen to swim). He has to try to save the entire colony from death. He forces himself to go up to the hole to outer space to "beg and grovel" for the lives of his friends. The sight of him kneeling as if in prayer in front of the hole, pleading to an empty room, always brings tears to my eyes. He succeeds in saving them by returning Matt's postcards to appease the Outer Space creatures, which proves their existence to Doc.

So, yes, Boober is a very worthy character. On the surface he may seem like a downer, but he can call on inner strength when it is most needed. Not to mention that he takes pride and pleasure in cooking, laundry, and medicine, three very valuable skills!
And Red tells him she'll go to Beddy-by after she introduces him to Mr. Fisty-Wisty-Poo! Ha ha ah!

Borples

Reaction score
I made an account just so I could post in this thread. So...hi!

Boober is my favorite, and I can't quite say why. Maybe it's because he's cute. Maybe it's because Dave Goelz is awesome. Maybe it's that he's an underappreciated cook and doer of laundry, and as a mom I sympathize. Maybe it's because he's a peacemaker. Maybe it's becaues he wields sarcasm in a manner wonderful to behold. Maybe it's because he loves his friends so much, even though he doesn't share their fondness for games and jokes. Okay, maybe I can say why. :smile:

I definitely have a favorite Boober moment. It's at the end of Marooned, after he and Red have been rescued. Mokey has just reminded Boober that it's his birthday, and all of his friends are singing and dancing around him. Boober just throws his head back and laughs for pure joy, and it's just so genuine, and it's Boober. I get choked up every time.