"The Muppets": Audience Reactions

Puckrox

Reaction score
I'm seeing it for a fifth time today. I'm eager to see if the theater will have lots of people or just my friend and I in it. I guess we'll soon find out!

DannyRWW

Reaction score
Went to see it a third time tonight and there were children in there and what looked like a group from a retirement community. Both groups laughed and seemed more into the movie than any movie I've seen in recent years

Puckrox

Reaction score
Last time I saw it was the smallest group of people in the theater I've seen yet. There was a family and then my friend and I. But oh my god, the friend I went? I have never seen a movie with such a spastic person. I'm glad she was so enthusiastically happy, but there comes a point where flailing your arms over every single joke gets to be a little tedious and redundant...

But everyone enjoyed the movie, so that's good.

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
Last time I saw it was the smallest group of people in the theater I've seen yet. There was a family and then my friend and I. But oh my god, the friend I went? I have never seen a movie with such a spastic person. I'm glad she was so enthusiastically happy, but there comes a point where flailing your arms over every single joke gets to be a little tedious and redundant...

But everyone enjoyed the movie, so that's good.
I've seen it twice now with my roommate, whose favorite thing continues to be Scooter saying "Youuu are all naked!"

Puckrox

Reaction score
I've seen it twice now with my roommate, whose favorite thing continues to be Scooter saying "Youuu are all naked!"
My favorite part continues to be Rowlf saying classic. I was the only person who laughed at it the last two times I saw it. :frown:

DannyRWW

Reaction score
My favorite part continues to be Rowlf saying classic. I was the only person who laughed at it the last two times I saw it. :frown:
If it helps the audience I saw it wiht last night thought that part was hysterical. Its really hard for me to narrow down my favorite part. My 5 year old daughter however says she likes when Walter brushes his teeth, and keeps say "I can't believe I fell for Muppetman".

Puckrox

Reaction score
If it helps the audience I saw it wiht last night thought that part was hysterical. Its really hard for me to narrow down my favorite part. My 5 year old daughter however says she likes when Walter brushes his teeth, and keeps say "I can't believe I fell for Muppetman".
Everyone always cracks up at the "I can't believe I fell for Muppet Man" line each time I've gone to see it. :big_grin:

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
Everyone always cracks up at the "I can't believe I fell for Muppet Man" line each time I've gone to see it. :big_grin:
That's one of my weird, small issues. I LOVE the gag, but it's a little odd how it's treated like canon, as I am fairly certain we have never seen "Muppet Man" before. I want to know the backstory.

In other news, going with two good friends to see it tonight. They haven't yet, so it'll be great seeing it with fresh eyes and ears as company.

Cindy

Staff member
Reaction score
That's one of my weird, small issues. I LOVE the gag, but it's a little odd how it's treated like canon, as I am fairly certain we have never seen "Muppet Man" before. I want to know the backstory.

In other news, going with two good friends to see it tonight. They haven't yet, so it'll be great seeing it with fresh eyes and ears as company.
Muppet man, even though they didn't call it that was in Muppets From Space. Piggy was a part of a "Muppet man" doctor.

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
Muppet man, even though they didn't call it that was in Muppets From Space. Piggy was a part of a "Muppet man" doctor.
Oh yes! Thank you! That's still one of the best jokes in that movie - love the Spies Like Us reference.