Topless Robot's 5 Best & 5 Worst Muppet Movie Moments

Drtooth

Reaction score
QT's bit was actually the only GOOD thing about MupOz. He should have directed it.

Seriously, of everything in that movie to pick... not the completely useless at the moment Kelly Osborne cameo.

matleo

Reaction score
I know I would provoke ire within the MC community by saying this, but when it comes to which film I'd rather sit down and watch I prefer GMC to TMM (slightly), and put MTM slightly below that. But I liked the Muppet Babies bit, and I used "Somebody's Getting Married" to announce my engagement. I've also never been a fan of "Never Before, Never Again." I like the visuals, but the song itself sounds too much like a seriously sappy song for me to hear it as anything else. It's probably the main reason TMM slips below GMC.

I think the article is best if you never continue to page 2.
I always felt like The Muppet Movie is one of the best made films of all time and certainly one of the most personal things Jim did with the Muppet characters. Having said that, The Muppet Movie is the one I love. the The great Muppet Caper is the movie I enjoy.

--Matt

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
I guess that's true too, but I feel the whole point of GMC is bec. of the Heist scene. Everything else is just a lead up to that
Caper is, for me, the most logical way to follow up The Muppet Movie. It's the most purely fun of all the movies, and everyone is at the top of their game - ESPECIALLY Frank's Piggy, who was never better than in that movie.

Scooterforever

Reaction score
Caper is, for me, the most logical way to follow up The Muppet Movie. It's the most purely fun of all the movies, and everyone is at the top of their game - ESPECIALLY Frank's Piggy, who was never better than in that movie.
I thought GMC had a lot of the best jokes of all the Muppet movies. Like The Muppets, it has jokes both kids and adults will get. I loved the gags in the Happiness Hotel and the Doubone Club, like when Gonzo asks a couple if they want a souvenir photo, only to find the man's wife is at home:smile:.

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
I thought GMC had a lot of the best jokes of all the Muppet movies. Like The Muppets, it has jokes both kids and adults will get. I loved the gags in the Happiness Hotel and the Doubone Club, like when Gonzo asks a couple if they want a souvenir photo, only to find the man's wife is at home:smile:.
See - it was just such a perfect script. I think a kid would laugh at the way Gonzo reacts even if they didn't really get the joke that's very clearly meant for adults.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
i actually like the website topless robot at times...however i find his posts very very biased to how he feels( or she ill just call them the poster).

this maybe being an example but if you continue to read the articles while some infact are great...the opinion of the poster is very very strong

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
The Best list isn't too bad, but the Worst list is dreadful!

Never Before, Never Again was never meant to be in the same league as Rainbow Connection, I'm going to go back there someday or the others. The song was there to serve a specific purpose- to introduce the world to the glamorous, daydreaming diva pig we all know and love and to poke fun at all the cliche romance movies. The song hit that mark 100% and that's why it's part of the movie and why it was a great song.

The Muppet babies segment in MTM also had a purpose- coincidentally another Piggy fantasy-of what it would have been like if the Muppets met as babies-it was supposed to be cute and funny and a light break after a pretty tough fight between Kermit and Piggy-who doesn't love Muppets as cute adorable, baby puppet!? I couldn't believe this was on the worst list

It's only one guy's opinion, and I did like that he thought MTI was underrated- I'll always have a special place for MTI because it was the first muppet movie I saw in theaters

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I saw that list before, I can't agree with anything from the Henson era being put on a "worst" list.