The Muppets is Brainwashing Our Kids

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Kids seeing Tex thinking "he's evil!" because he wants to ruin the Muppets' legacy, should take it as that. They won't know the true story behind oil or any corporate jargon before they are in high school.
Well maybe I didn't understand everything as a kid, but I certainly knew about pollutants like oil and the harm they were doing. And that was way before High School.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Ehhh... I don't know about this, anyway. Why does everyone bother taking the integrity of a news organization that PURPOSELY scours the country every year for any instance of a "Holiday Tree" just so they can put on their annual Christmas Special "War on Christmas?"

Seriously state and local governments... calling it a Christmas Tree is actually a LOSS for Fox News! I propose every state and town call it a Christmas Tree, then you'll win the completely imaginary battle made up to scare people.

beaker

Reaction score
One of the headline news the other day is how Haliburton helped destroy evidence and coverup their intentional shoddy work and other other factors surrounding the Deep Horizon drill explosion. Haliburton of course, the no bid energy contract company that once had Dick Cheney as CEO and who had him on retainer as he lied his way into war in Iraq which gave them unimaginable profits.

But here's the thing...people might complain about big oil, big brother technology implanted into Apple products, this or that corporation...but they still use all that stuff

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
This is crazy! Cars 2 had the same idea, but not complaints with that movie! (related to alternate fuel)

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
then you'll win the completely imaginary battle made up to scare people.
It's sort of half imaginary. Is it as bad as they say it is? No. But I do occasionally meet people who are really anal about religion never being mentioned at Christmas.

Cindy

Staff member
Reaction score
This is crazy! Cars 2 had the same idea, but not complaints with that movie! (related to alternate fuel)
I couldn't tell you what network or what site, but I remember Cars 2 getting quite a bit of flack about the political undertones (real or imagined) in that movie. If this movie had been about gum drops and candy canes the American Dental Association would have boycotted it. Someone is always going to find a hidden agenda.

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
The character of Hobo Joe was clearly an attempt to encourage more government spending on the wretched, no-good freeloadin' poor people.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
On one hand, the plot involved the character behind the oil company being evil. But in the end, it turned out the organic fuel guy was the one behind everything.