Muppet Whatnots

What is your favorite Muppet Show spoof?

• Veterinarian's Hospital

Votes: 20 57.1%
  • Pigs in Space

Votes: 15 42.9%

• Total voters

Wockawocka721

Reaction score
I'm still contemplating whether or not I want to get a kit or an fao one..I would like to make a muppet monster so maybe I'll get an FAO one. thumbs up on the Beast shout out:smile: lol
Hahaha thanks for the thumbs up!! I actually used most of the monster parts (hair/horns and nose/teeth) when I created my Muppet. I remember looking back years ago those options weren't available. The quality is top notch though. I love my Muppet and so does my dog lol. I looked at the TRU ones closely and I will have to do so again since I received my Muppet Whatnot, but the quality from what I can remember seems to be the same. The only problem with the kits was if you wanted a girl you had to buy blue and if you wanted a boy you had to buy the orange

LouieMartini

Reaction score
I ordered my whatnot through the FAO site over the Thanksgiving weekend. I had heard about the whatnots back in 2008 and meant to see the workshop in person next time I made it to NYC.
Never happened, so when I saw it on sale for 84.99 that weekend, I jumped on it. I also had run by the local toys r us to see the kit in person. It appears the kit from TRU is a bit smaller from what I can tell. Also, I talked to employee there who had seen the ones in NYC and he said the same thing. I am very happy with my whatnot. Though getting my hand passed it neck was a little challenging with my pudgy right hand. This was a gift to myself this, to entertain the kids.

I am still tempted to get the TRU kit, for the kids to play with.

Also, right now the FAO site is saying the whatnots are temp out of stock if you build one and add to cart.

Good luck.

PS I'll post a vid of my guy.

Wockawocka721

Reaction score
I ordered my whatnot through the FAO site over the Thanksgiving weekend. I had heard about the whatnots back in 2008 and meant to see the workshop in person next time I made it to NYC.
Never happened, so when I saw it on sale for 84.99 that weekend, I jumped on it. I also had run by the local toys r us to see the kit in person. It appears the kit from TRU is a bit smaller from what I can tell. Also, I talked to employee there who had seen the ones in NYC and he said the same thing. I am very happy with my whatnot. Though getting my hand passed it neck was a little challenging with my pudgy right hand. This was a gift to myself this, to entertain the kids.

I am still tempted to get the TRU kit, for the kids to play with.

Also, right now the FAO site is saying the whatnots are temp out of stock if you build one and add to cart.

Good luck.

PS I'll post a vid of my guy.
Thanks for the feedback! I just received my free whatnot designer kit today (apparently it comes free with every whatnot purchase) and I designed a lazy, slob type muppet haha. I really want to buy some more clothes for my muppet in TRU and I might do so, but $19.99 is kinda steep compared to the kids clothes you could buy at target. Can't wait to see your video!

LouieMartini

Reaction score
The design kit is awesome. My kids where playing with it tonight and designing their own muppets. Which tells me that they
would really enjoy one of this kits from TRU, since you can keep changing it.

They still have not met my whatnot yet. Working on the voice. :smile:

Wockawocka721

Reaction score
The design kit is awesome. My kids where playing with it tonight and designing their own muppets. Which tells me that they
would really enjoy one of this kits from TRU, since you can keep changing it.

They still have not met my whatnot yet. Working on the voice. :smile:
I gotta be honest...the voice is tough :smile: I'm working on a british accent, but at the same time I feel a normal accent with more difficult vernacular would work haha. The joy of muppets!

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Why is there a random poll there, and FAO Schartz is still there.

LouieMartini

Reaction score
Love it! haha Did you just play the song when you were recording or upload it into the video? I like the green muppet whatnot body, but I don't think that's available at the TRU stores
I did just play it from my computer, then noticed I popped into the framing. So I did a quick edit in iMovie and cropped myself out, then added the track.