The Muppets is Brainwashing Our Kids

Bannanasketch

Reaction score
Anyway... re: the Occupy Sesame Street sign above ...

Uh ... ok, the Muppet one I get, but whoever made that pic SERIOUSLY equates a guy who lives in a trash can (admittedly well-furnished, I guess) with evil greedy CEOs? Do they KNOW who Oscar is? Oscar thinks trash is treasure and treasure is crap. I can't really imagine him going along with Wall Street.
It's a joke...

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Oh noez! Protect teh kids from teh liberalz!

Ah, good old Fox, reading too much into stuff, taking things out of context, and not doing research :big_grin:

dwmckim

Reaction score
It's ironic. People here are saying they dislike Fox News so much. Yet they're going out of their way to prove the Muppets would never try to be liberal...
Oh, i LOVE that the Muppets by and large contain liberal values and i wouldn't be as much of a fan of them as i am if they didn't (though what many would consider to be "liberal values", i identify as "human should-ideally-be-universal-values") but at the same time i don't believe that what this particular faux Fox report is trying to debunk as liberal propaganda is that.

12Medbe

Reaction score
Muppet Fans for Occupy Fox News? I think so! :laugh:

FoxNews is ridiculous, I tell ya. Anyone wonder if the viewers actually believe what they said about "The Muppets"?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Oh, i LOVE that the Muppets by and large contain liberal values and i wouldn't be as much of a fan of them as i am if they didn't (though what many would consider to be "liberal values", i identify as "human should-ideally-be-universal-values") but at the same time i don't believe that what this particular faux Fox report is trying to debunk as liberal propaganda is that.
Well like I said, I'm not saying the film was a huge screaming political statement. But was it an ironic jab at corporate interests? Absolutely. :wink:

Wockawocka721

Reaction score
I think the film should be taken as literally as it was meant to be. Kids seeing Tex thinking "he's evil!" because he wants to ruin the Muppets' legacy, should take it as that. They won't know the true story behind oil or any corporate jargon before they are in high school. Tex is meant to be (IMO) a fabrication of corporations and evil that try to take down struggling/forgotten people like the Muppets. Either way the film is intended for fun and families and I think it's funny that it's being conceived as a message for the youth.

DannyRWW

Reaction score
Perhaps the next film should be about the Muppets taking on an evil media empire...ooo run by a muppet fox.... I find it interesting that the clip they use in this is Walter telling about Tex Richman's plan. It doesn't get more cartoony a portrayal of a villian than that. This whole news cast looks absurd and it doesn't sound like they even saw the movie. I'm a fairly conservative person (though I don't belong to any party) but this kind of thing is complete nonsense. Have they seen Jason Segel get interviewed? I honestly think any thought of politics was outweighed by his sheer love of the Muppets.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Can I just say how sad it's become where any media outlet where an unscrupulous rich person is a villain is now considered "liberal brainwashing" at all? Is that were we are? If there really is Class Warfare, the rich have dropped the first bomb and are winning by that account. It's like everyone who defends what some of these guys do have Futurama brain slugs stuck to their heads.

Like I said, Scrooge McDuck and Flintheart Glomgold. It's not the money that makes the man, but rather what they chose to do with it. It isn't so much Tex is drilling for oil on their property for me, its the fact he LIED about preserving the Muppets Studio so he can sucker Statler and Waldorf to give him their contract to drill for oil. Had he directly talked to Kermit and said there was oil underneath and let''s say Kermit rejected his offer... if Tex left without getting it saying, "that's okay." THAT would be a rich person doing the right thing.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Like I said, Scrooge McDuck and Flintheart Glomgold. It's not the money that makes the man, but rather what they chose to do with it. It isn't so much Tex is drilling for oil on their property for me, its the fact he LIED about preserving the Muppets Studio so he can sucker Statler and Waldorf to give him their contract to drill for oil. Had he directly talked to Kermit and said there was oil underneath and let''s say Kermit rejected his offer... if Tex left without getting it saying, "that's okay." THAT would be a rich person doing the right thing.
I almost agree. It's just that we've come to a point where there's little to defend about oil companies, with the connection to the Middle East conflicts and the Gulf spill and all. It just has a very bad reputation and deservedly so.