The Muppets is Brainwashing Our Kids

beaker

Reaction score
They really need to stop targeting movies or TV shows; the majority of Americans will just laugh it off. This is reminding me of Dan Quayle freaking out over Murphy Brown.
Whoops, meant to type in Fox and the Republican party. My bad.

Im not sure how being a right winger however is compatible with being a Muppet fan...maybe a fiscal conservative or Libertarian. I might give Occupy people and liberal college kids a tough time(mostly for the lulz) but Im not sure how you can be a right winger and just let yourself have fun.

Heres the funny thing...Republicans tried to KILL off Sesame Street and PBS in general.

Personally what I find truly disgusting is that not only did Sesame Workshop make several pro war specials, where they augmented Sesame canon so that Rosita's dad lost a leg fighting in Iraq and shipped Elmo's dad off to war(Jim Henson would NEVER approve of this) but Sesame Workshop didnt protest at all when it was learned the US military under Bush was using Sesame Street songs as part of their brutal torture program in Iraq and Afghanistan. Also Sesame Street has been getting money and work with war criminals the RAND corporation.

Jim Henson clearly stated his goal with Fraggle Rock was to "end wars", and his "hey stop whats that sound" sketch was a middle finger to the vietnam war and the folly of war. As The World According to Sesame Street and When Muppets Dream of Peace show, Sesame street is great for use in war torn countries...its just sad when America is the one who starts the wars, and often for no good reason.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Where was Fox News during Cars 2? I'm really surprised they didn't say anything about that.

Why?

Well, when I watched the film, I noticed the sneaky little subversive subplot. The film's story has to do with this rich oil baron Rover V8 who supposedly converted himself to an electric car and would now base his business in creating renewable, clean burning sources of fuel. So he creates Alinol, and unveils it with a Grand Prix race that would use Alinol to fuel all the cars in the race. Meanwhile, a group of spies commissioned an evil scientist to create a weapon that would shoot an electromagnetic pulse into the gas tanks of race cars using this feul, causing them to blow up. This sends fears that Alinol is unsafe.

Now considering I doubt anyone here wants to see it or hasn't already if they did... the movie ends with it all being a ploy of the Rich oil baron to make Alinol look unsafe, thus scaring anyone away from alternative feuls... and it's revealed that it's just plain oil with an added ingredient to make the cars combust when hit with the super weapon. so basically...

The message of Cars 2 is that the oil companies are purposely holding back renewable resources.

And no one complained... and no one complained about Astroboy, where the villain was a war mongering not so thinly veiled right wing political candidate (he refereed to his opponent reeking of patchouli oil) using some war robots as leverage to win the next election.

Walter

Reaction score
Ugh..I hate it when people look so far into things, and then accuse innocents just from their perspective. I mean, from an open minded point of view. Tex is rich, Tex has built up his life on money, but that is NOT the reason he is trying to deestroy the theatre. This is why I wish the story arc considering Tex's laugh was not deleted. Without it, you get these idiots spreading unkind words.

Walter

Reaction score
quote from DrTooth:
And no one complained... and no one complained about Astroboy, where the villain was a war mongering not so thinly veiled right wing political candidate (he refereed to his opponent reeking of patchouli oil) using some war robots as leverage to win the next election.
Actually, many people complained. It was the only kind of press one would get when they searched AstroBoy during the movie's release. which is a shame, because I really like the movie, and I fear the negative press is what lead to its box office failure.

Ironically, the movie soared in china..and a sequel is on its way.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
This kind of thing makes me inexpressibly sad inside. People need to actually see/read/watch something before they judge it, but evidently no one in the television news world feels this need.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Im not sure how being a right winger however is compatible with being a Muppet fan
Well I don't want to get into that. There are things left wingers do that aren't very Muppet compatible either. People are complicated, thank goodness. :wink:

beaker

Reaction score
Can't happen. Imagi is dead. it folded last year and with it plans for Gatchaman.
Yeah they're website(just like Enron's in 2002) says "they're restructuring and will be back". Heh. Yeah they're dead. I hear Gatchaman was pretty much in the can. Oh well...

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hey! TOLD ya it wasn't going to happen. I'm extremely disappointed that its not happening, along with the obvious merchandising tie ins... and the fact they called it Gatchaman in the first place (I HAAAATE the Battle of the Planets dub). But that's what happens when you get some ex-Dreamworks guy to mismanage the entire company. I'm glad they didn't make another TMNT movie because they would've screwed it up and it never would have been finished anyway.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
That's just messed up.
At the bottom it says, "This critisicim is brought to you by the letter S for stupid"
How stupid is this article? I don't know if it was FOX who brought this dumb story up to start with, but that's just plain old stupid, oh so there being a bad guy makes it brainwash, PLEASE every kid movie has that!