Sesame Workshop Trying To Have It Both Ways(Bert/Ernie issue)

beaker

Reaction score
And straights can be EXACTLY like that too. I still think the problem is the "Footloose" attitude towards sex permeates those beliefs. Like I always say, no wonder they don't like gays, they barely tolerate what straights do. Biblically, I understand... this is when civilization and society were starting to form, and there was a LOT of hedonism, and these civilizations were trying to punish that attitude so society could forward. That's why certain religions view hard working as a virtue.

Still, what I don't get is if it's the sex part of being gay that bugs people, why NOT support marriage? Forcing people to couple up, put them into a monogamous relationship where sex dies out slowly. Let them have kids. I always hear complaints from parents that their love life completely nosedived once the kids came.
BRILLIANT! Man I swear you are the best kept braintrust here.

That makes so much sense. If Christians are mostly upset or unhappy with the "gay lifestyle" in their mind as being some random hookup party 24/7, why not support stable monogomous gay marriages? Um, I cannot tell you how many stories Ive heard of
and seen of gay and lesbian couples together 5, 10, sometimes 30-40 freaking years before they can get married legally. Lets see the straight statistics on that!

Heck, a lot of modern long term gay couples seem almost conservative to me. Modest homes, well to do income brackets...why wouldnt the GOP court these guys during election time?

Oh...the "my beliefs tell me gay people are wrong". Well Christian Identity church members believe Blacks and Jews are the children of the devil. They have every right to believe it of course, but you know.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
If Christians are mostly upset or unhappy with the "gay lifestyle" in their mind as being some random hookup party 24/7, why not support stable monogomous gay marriages?
I have to admit I had wondered the same thing myself.

But bottom line, it's not only because of the hooking up image. People decide they don't like something, they don't like something. They don't need a reason.

beaker

Reaction score
I have to admit I had wondered the same thing myself.

But bottom line, it's not only because of the hooking up image. People decide they don't like something, they don't like something. They don't need a reason.
I see no evidence of God or Christ, but if people genuinely feel such a thing exists and itinspires them in a positive life then I fully support that. This world needs more personal inspiration and reflection. Which to me makes me wonder...what kind of "God of love" would see two happily together, monogomous
loving people(two men or two women) and think "oh these wretched sinners!"

If I was God or Christ I'd be more upset with hypocrites, mean spirited, judgemental people.

I do not and will never support multiple wives/husbands/polygamy, and simply feel the law should state marriage to be with two consenting adults 18 and over. I dont believe in pre arranged marriages or marriages involving minors. and the "Slippery slope to a man and a horse is inevitable" argument feels lame that some give. People who say that marriage is a religious ceremony somehow get silent when it comes to Reno and Vegas chapels and 24 hour lasting marriages like Britney Spears and the INSANE divorce rate of straight people.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Which to me makes me wonder...what kind of "God of love" would see two happily together, monogomous loving people(two men or two women) and think "oh these wretched sinners!"

If I was God or Christ I'd be more upset with hypocrites, mean spirited, judgemental people.
Jesus was like that. He despises the hypocrisy he saw from the religious leaders. And he wasn't into judging people, but rather embracing them, even the ones who did bad things. But such an attitude is very hard for most of us to maintain. That's why it's so amazing. :smile:

I do not and will never support multiple wives/husbands/polygamy
Me neither, it's inherently unequal.

People who say that marriage is a religious ceremony somehow get silent when it comes to Reno and Vegas chapels and 24 hour lasting marriages like Britney Spears and the INSANE divorce rate of straight people.
Well to be fair there are conservatives who complain about the corruption of celebrities too.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Heck, a lot of modern long term gay couples seem almost conservative to me. Modest homes, well to do income brackets...why wouldnt the GOP court these guys during election time?
I don't see why the Log Cabin Republicans group (homosexual conservatives) don't stand up for themselves more often. I loved when they actually called for DADT to be repealed when other conservatives were making up baloney about it not being safe for the soldiers or something like that. I'm not going into the crap armor they got and how dangerously unequipped they were, but that stuff matters a LOT more than who can be gay and blow stuff up. I'd love them to just come out and say, "be cool, man. Stop scapegoating us for votes and just scapegoat liberals instead like we do." To quote Stan Smith, "Hating the gays is wasting hate we could use on the Democrats."

beaker

Reaction score
I don't see why the Log Cabin Republicans group (homosexual conservatives) don't stand up for themselves more often. I loved when they actually called for DADT to be repealed when other conservatives were making up baloney about it not being safe for the soldiers or something like that. I'm not going into the crap armor they got and how dangerously unequipped they were, but that stuff matters a LOT more than who can be gay and blow stuff up. I'd love them to just come out and say, "be cool, man. Stop scapegoating us for votes and just scapegoat liberals instead like we do." To quote Stan Smith, "Hating the gays is wasting hate we could use on the Democrats."
Virtually all the Democrats recently voted lock stock and barrel alongside the Republicans to give Obama and our wonderful leaders the ability to go further than Bush ever did with big brother and tyranical police state actions...in concert of course with appropriating hundreds of billions dollars more to blow up brown people and give the sponsors of our "enemies" more money. Nation Defense Reauthorization act I think is what it was called.

To me Dems and Repubs are two peas of the same pod...to me this throwing a bone or two to gay rights(repealing DADT) is like racist war monger LBJ signing into law some civil rights acts to distract from his real agenda. Oh gee! Gays can now openly serve as cannon fodder for globalist/corporate interests. Let us rejoice!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Oh gee! Gays can now openly serve as cannon fodder for globalist/corporate interests. Let us rejoice!
Yeah I know. Sometimes I wonder why oppressed groups would even WANT to be treated like the rest of us, lol.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Oh gee! Gays can now openly serve as cannon fodder for globalist/corporate interests. Let us rejoice!
I feel the bill was passed to the sounds of the entire LGBT community unanimously mumbling, "....wait a minute!"

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
I saw a movie where Abbot and Costello shared the same bed. No one complained about it.
There's also Queequeg and Ishmael in Herman Melville's "Moby-Dick" back in the 1800s- but both were straight. I don't know of any outrage over that... there was a time when you did have those kinds of things and no one thought much about it- a more innocent time like heralde said.