"The Muppets": What made you laugh

Drtooth

Reaction score
Anyone else love the backhanded reference to Fox not picking up the pilot for that show in 2001 where they get turned down by Fox? I guess I was the only one in the theater that got it. Nice that they added Easter eggs like that.

tutter_fan

Reaction score
Fozzie's line after that was funny also. "Wow, that was an expensive looking explosion. I can't believe we had that in the budget"

The part where Walter sees the celebrity map stand, tells them to pull over and the next shot is them eating chili dogs was funny.
You know what? I thought that line from Fozzie was HILARIOUS! That part where Walter sees the celebrity map stand, says something along the lines of "Hey Guys, I have a GREAT IDEA!", tells them to pull over, and then the curve ball comes at us in the next shot where we see them eating chili dogs was HILARIOUS!!!! I'm not kidding! I thought that they were going to go get a map of where all the celebrities are, only to find out that he wants to get some chili dogs was PURE genius in terms of comedy! (at least to me)

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
You know what? I thought that line from Fozzie was HILARIOUS! That part where Walter sees the celebrity map stand, says something along the lines of "Hey Guys, I have a GREAT IDEA!", tells them to pull over, and then the curve ball comes at us in the next shot where we see them eating chili dogs was HILARIOUS!!!! I'm not kidding! I thought that they were going to go get a map of where all the celebrities are, only to find out that he wants to get some chili dogs was PURE genius in terms of comedy! (at least to me)
Every now and then I wondered if Jason Segal was at all influenced by "How I Met Your Mother" because certain things kinda remined me of the humor there and the celebrity map this was one of those time.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Statler-(paraphrased) It sounds like you're mentioning a crucilal plot point.
Waldorf-I hope so or I bored the audience half to death!
Statler-You mean the other half of the audience is still alive?
It reminds me of Lady Holiday's "It's plot exposition it has to go somewhere"
Tex Richman's manical laugh, and sing along number. He was a pretty funny villian.
Laughter is the 3rd greatest gift, you know!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I will say probably my favorite part was Gonzo's first scene: "I've been wearing this under my suit for years!" Lol, Now THIS is the Gonzo I remember. It almost felt like a reassurance that the Muppets still have it, despite some set backs over the years. :concern::smile:

RH7X9

Reaction score
I loved it all, especially when they kidnapped Jack Black! ...I laughed hard to what he said when they knocked on his door.

Slackbot

Reaction score
I giggled during Me Party" when Mary did a little dance at the table using a halved breadroll and a pair of forks. That was a direct reference to Charlie Chaplin's "table ballet" from the film The Gold Rush. I found the Chaplin homage very appropriate, considering that the Henson studios was formerly the Charlie Chaplin studios.

The table ballet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoKbDNY0Zwg

MuppetsFan4Life

Reaction score
Wow... There were so many funny parts to this movie, but I'll list as much as I can.

- When Walter ran into the TV screen to join the Muppets. It was kinda sad, but funny, too. XD

- "That's just an Internet rumor, like there's a country called Turkey"

- The whole "Life's a Happy Song" number was funny, cute and is still stuck in my head after all this time....

- "It's Spring Break!"
"Awww! :frown: "
"You come back in 2 weeks!"
" YAY!!! "

- The rain/gardener gag gets me everytime

- All of the 4th wall jokes.

- Walter's epic screaming after hearing the plan from Tex

- The star maps/ hot dogs gag

- The homage to the first movie with Sweetums (I laughed so hard... XD )

- Basically, anytime Rowlf was seen. I loved seeing him again. He was so funny and had one-liners that really made me laugh. I think Jim would've been proud. That montage scene with him did it for me, though. Sleeping on a hammock was important to the montage for him... LOL

- Tex's laugh and the random rap number. And then the showgirls came out. I could NOT stop laughing at the whole number. And it was sing-along, too! Hahahaha!!

- Muppet Man. Enough said here.

- Marvin Sugg's line at the end of the movie. I was clapping when I saw him! He always made me laugh during The Muppet Show!

- Traveling by map. Genius!

- When Gary, Mary and Walter see Kermit for the first time and you hear a angelic choir, but it's from a choir on a bus that drove by. ROFL I LOVE THESE GAGS!!

- And when Walter faints right after that moment.

- Uncle Deadly and Bobo (every scene with them! )

- The whole telethon was funny and interesting to watch! Poor Jack Black!

I can't think of anymore, but you get the idea!

*****And BTW, when Kermit suggests that they drive to find everyone, is it me or am I the only one who wanted him to say "Moving right along" ??****

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
I like it when Uncle Deadly and Bobo start singing Together Again, but Tex yells at them, and Bobo asks Deadly "You think we're working for the bad guy?"Ha ha ha Bobo is totally clueless sometimes (so funny).