Wild Thornberries DVD (interesting development)

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
So I have a question...

I realize that Doug is available on Amazon, but its manufactured on demand. Its also on itunes for half the price. Would I be better off buying it through amazon, or just downloading it through itunes and give my money to the demon of the internet. If the suggestion is the latter, would I be able to burn said episodes to a dvd myself? I dont want that much stuff clogging up my computer

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So I have a question...

I realize that Doug is available on Amazon, but its manufactured on demand. Its also on itunes for half the price. Would I be better off buying it through amazon, or just downloading it through itunes and give my money to the demon of the internet. If the suggestion is the latter, would I be able to burn said episodes to a dvd myself? I dont want that much stuff clogging up my computer
I wouldn't trust either, because both ways, you're giving your money to the demon of the internet.

I'd recommend just being patient... I mean if these other "forgotten" shows have been seeing official retail DVD releases, then Mr. Funnie just may very well see one some day as well.

Drtooth

Reaction score
So I have a question...

I'd wait. You never know if Shout's going to add Doug to the line up or not. Though if that doesn't happen, I'd rather buy the hard copy edition MOD... that way, the files can't get corrupted or lost or wind up clogging the computer as you said.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Huh...I thought I included something in that post about waiting to see if they put out an actual dvd, apparently I didnt XD :stick_out_tongue:

I an always enjoy the...whatever number I have DVRed...until my mom decides to clear up memory :smirk:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Rocko Season 2 actually has special features!!

Not many, but it's impressive to have ANY of them these days.
What;s the point of having "Trash-O-Madness" on the DVD? It says "oringinal pilot version", I guess it would feel more like a WAC as opposed to a regular segment from the series?

At least we get something with Joe Murray, so I'd be interested in looking at that.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I know I called it, I know I said it would happen, but rully, Nick is CREAMING CN right now with releasing their old hits on DVD... already news is out for like third seasons for a number of old Nick shows that I didn't even know they had released any second seasons of (like Angry Beavers), and we still haven't gotten any new CN Hall of Fame releases or anything like that... get with the program WB, stop being suck cheapskates!

CountFan1998

Reaction score
... and Scooby's Laugh-a-lympics is in "kid friendly" volumes (yeah, because that's what kid's want... LESS of their favorite shows, and MORE DVD's to buy). And Shaggy and Scooby get a Clue has been downgraded to bonus feature episode releases (can't say I blame 'em though). I'm glad 13 ghosts was released all in one set, though!
Why don't they release both kids' and collector's editions on DVD. That way both demographics of retailers are happy! That's what WB wants, right? Happiness and tons o' consumers' money!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I know I called it, I know I said it would happen, but rully, Nick is CREAMING CN right now with releasing their old hits on DVD... already news is out for like third seasons for a number of old Nick shows that I didn't even know they had released any second seasons of (like Angry Beavers), and we still haven't gotten any new CN Hall of Fame releases or anything like that... get with the program WB, stop being suck cheapskates!

Warner Bros DESPERATELY doesn't want to have to release anything that isn't a current sitcom in a season set. Not even their top hits, Adventure Time, Mad, and Regular Show get full season sets... AT and RS get lame 6 episode best ofs, and Mad has to break 26 15 minute segments into half seasons... ones that amount to barely over 6 half hours per set. I'm shocked they even released the second half of the first season of Mystery Inc in one set, instead of the overpriced 4 episodes on a single disk, like it was 1999 again.

Of course, Nick was adamantly refusing to release season sets of ANYTHING on their own. Sure, they did Ren and Stimpy... but Invader Zim was sublicensed to another company, and all these new DVD's are done by Shout. Shout and Mill Creak are the ONLY companies out there that are bothering with full season sets (or partial seasons if they're too big) anymore. It's just "cheaper" to release a set of overpriced DVD's with few episodes on it that don't sell and go directly into the 5 dollar bin than to release 13+ full half hours for a reasonable price.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, I got Rocko Season Two at Walmart, surprisingly... they never carried Season One, and they just happened to have Season Two in their new releases, so I grabbed it, and watched it tonight.

Now, here are the pros and cons:

One pro right off the bat is that the episodes ARE in order this time (I can't believe Nickelodeon/Viacom actually misordered the episodes on the Season One set according to Wikipedia rather than their own official episode guides). The set, however, does have a lot of cons... again, there apparently was no effort to restore the episodes, they appear to be just digital transfer of the prints Nick uses for reruns and such... and yes, I'm sorry to say this Drtooth, but the episodes ARE edited again... no hotel scene in "Road Rash", no Rocko groping a bear's balls in "Hut Sut Raw", etc. As for the special features, the version of "Trash-O-Madness" used was interesting.. the music is different (and kind of annoying IMO), and Rocko's actually yellow in this version (he was digitally recolored for the series version)... and it's also a little shorter, as some scenes were later added for the series so it would be 11 minutes instead of 8. However, the features with Joe Murray are excellent! He does quick/rough sketches of Rocko, Heffer, Filburt, and the Bigheads on a computer tablet, while delving into the conception of the characters, as well as sharing some insight on some of the moments best remembered on the show, such as Heffer being hooked up to the milking machine, Filburt wearing glasses, "Because he touched himself a lot oas a kid", "Leap Frogs" being banned for a while because some parents complained about it.