How well does the new movie have to do?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I hated Zermeckis's Mocap system... it looked ugly and unappealing.. this however, manages to breathe a little more life into that... plus, let's face it, the character designs in those Zermeckis movies were terrible (except for Monster House). it really looks to capture the adventurous nature of the old comics. I need to brush up on them after the movie. I tend to like Asterix and Lucky Luke more.

beaker

Reaction score
Of all the European comics, Tin Tin always really ignited my imagination as a kid. I never got Asterix or the other stuff...maybe lost in translation. But Tin Tin...when Lisa looks through a collected Tin Tin comic book in the "Coolsville "episode a few Simpsons seasons ago, thats how my childlike mind imagined it

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
Off-topic a bit, but when I was in Edinburgh over Thanksgiving, my girlfriend and I saw Tintin a month before it's out over in the US, and if you are at all a fan, you will be thrilled. And the movie is already a success, having made back its entire budget before even being released in America.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Muppet Wikia has the adjusted Box Office gross of all the Major movies. Opening weekend it made more than EIG, MFS, FTB and Labyrinth... and it will no doubt pass MCC soon enough... maybe even more than MTI and MTM.

12Medbe

Reaction score
Just saw a commercial for the Muppets, it's being called "The #1 Comedy in America" and the best rated movie of 2011(something like that!)

beaker

Reaction score
Just saw a commercial for the Muppets, it's being called "The #1 Comedy in America" and the best rated movie of 2011(something like that!)
Nice! They should also slam Twilight in the ads while they're at it, maybe even ruin the ending with a sly comment from Pepe.

Drtooth

Reaction score
That's not all that impressive, but let's face it... who actually KNEW that was on television? There was no reports on here that it was to be on (usually we'd find out over a week in advance), and I'm sure it was advertised on the CW... which I can safely assume no one watches because no one posted that news here.

That is VERY pathetic, but it IS a pathetic network. There's hardly a single good show on the line up anymore.

goldenstate5

Reaction score
Well, it is the CW of course. And the fact that it was their highest rated Wednesday... in years. The fact is that the ratings got boosted by the fact that the movie is doing so well.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Still, I wish I knew about it. I sat through reruns of all the ABC comedies for nothing. I'm sure if it got advertised, the ratings would have been much better.